Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2011, 02:03 PM

623 posts, read 1,602,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
I think you're being deliberately unserious here. That said...WHO THE HELL WOULD WANT TO WORK FOR A WHACKED OUT BOSS LIKE THAT ANYWAY???:sma ck:: shocked:
Exactly. If I worked for a place that I had to be fearful of losing my job everyday I would find a new job.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:04 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,137,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artwomyn View Post
I'm basing my numbers on the growing number of lawsuits, that employees are bringing against their former employers. Check out a link to this article:
Illinois Business Law Weblog: Employee Lawsuits Against Employers are Growing... (http://illinoisbusinesslaw.blogspot.com/2006/06/employee-lawsuits-against-employers.html - broken link)
And how exactly did you arive at your number of 40-50%? Other than just picking it out of thin air to help support your argument.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:05 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,322,267 times
Quote:
I'm basing my numbers on the growing number of lawsuits, that employees are bringing against their former employers. Check out a link to this article:
Illinois Business Law Weblog: Employee Lawsuits Against Employers are Growing... (http://illinoisbusinesslaw.blogspot.com/2006/06/employee-lawsuits-against-employers.html - broken link)
We have no way of knowing how many of these cases are valid. In any case, it is still no argument for abolishing free will in the workplace.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Those lawsuits you just posted have to do with Wage laws relating to overtime and classifying workers as contractors.

They have nothing to do with what you have been discussing here today.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:08 PM

1,296 posts, read 2,225,419 times
Quote:
I think you're being deliberately unserious here. That said...WHO THE HELL WOULD WANT TO WORK FOR A WHACKED OUT BOSS LIKE THAT ANYWAY???:sma ck:: shocked:
No, I'm very serious. An employee may not know how 'whacked out a boss is, until they've been on the job a while, and get surprised by the boss's idiot demands one day. I know, because it happened to me. Just read my post on this thread, about my experience with a boss who wrongfully terminated me years ago.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleelvis View Post
Those lawsuits you just posted have to do with Wage laws relating to overtime and classifying workers as contractors.

They have nothing to do with what you have been discussing here today.
When I posted that link, I wanted to make a point, about how unfair employers can be. And they can still fire an employee wrongfully, over a wage dispute.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
No, I'm very serious. An employee may not know how 'whacked out a boss is, until they've been on the job a while, and get surprised by the boss's idiot demands one day. I know, because it happened to me. Just read my post on this thread, about my experience with a boss who wrongfully terminated me years ago.
One of the first requirements in the world of grown up people (I mean to cast no aspersions on you in saying this) is the ability to be wronged. If you were 'wrongly' terminated you have a case at court almost by definition. If you were terminated merely for a reason unsatisfactory to you that is another matter. As to 'idiot demands'...well?

If s/he's paying you, you have to do what the idiot tells you to do or quit.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
We have no way of knowing how many of these cases are valid. In any case, it is still no argument for abolishing free will in the workplace.
My whole point, is that abolishing the employment at will rule, would empower the employee. And now more than ever, employees need more empowerment in the workplace!

Old 02-03-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
When I posted that link, I wanted to make a point, about how unfair employers can be. And they can still fire an employee wrongfully, over a wage dispute.
Let me tell you: Employees can be unfair too.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Ok.... this is may last post on this.

It's obvious your angry over being fired. Understandable, anyone would be. You are putting some much energy into arguing about something that quite frankly is never going to change.

Redirect your energy into looking for another job. Not all employers are like that and the next job you find will hopefully be a good one.

What do you hope to accomplish by ranting on and on about this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment