U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-16-2011, 05:45 PM

9 posts, read 56,217 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Would anyone happen to know how long it typically takes Boeing to give you a response after an interview? I interviewed 3 weeks ago and the letter I was given stated that they would try to give me a response within 3 weeks. I haven't heard anything back, but I just wanted to know if anyone knows how long it usually takes. They told me to just keep checking my status on their Careers website, does anyone know if they will update it even if you are no longer under consideration? I really want to work for the company, so I'm a little nervous since I haven't heard or seen any updates to my status.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 05:56 PM

26,362 posts, read 55,166,325 times
It's probably a local HR/manager thing. I'd be surprised if we could give you an answer. Everyone's situation is different.

Was it a structured interview?
What type of position?
What city?
What were the interview questions?
Do you think that facility is hiring more?

Old 02-16-2011, 06:04 PM

9 posts, read 56,217 times
Charles,

It was a structured interview for an Industrial Engineer position at their Charleston facility. I don't remember the interview questions exactly, but they were mostly behavioral questions. I'm just assuming it's taking longer than I hoped because they're in the process of hiring a good amount of people for the 787 production line.

Old 06-07-2011, 12:20 PM

2 posts, read 35,142 times
I have been with the Beoing company since 1977. There have been many changes since then and one big chage is the hiring process. You should be proud that you made it into the top 25%. You would not believe what the hiring officials perform to this point. First you are selected for an interview which takes around thirty minutes then they will continue to interview other potential employees... after that, they will put together all the scores from each structured interview, and select that person to go on to the next level. This can take from two to four weeks. So in todays world you just have to hold on and hope you are the chosen one. Unlike 1977 when you could simply walk in and talk with a General Manager.
Good Luck! I hope this helped you?

Old 06-07-2011, 12:27 PM

2 posts, read 35,142 times
On another note...it can take up to four months to complete...since you posted this back in December of 2010 I would asume you are now an employee at the Boeing. If not, keep applying as they receive one thousand applicants for each job... then they break that down into the top 25%. Just know you are not alone... Boeing will discover you soon. Good Luck!

Old 12-31-2013, 03:24 AM

1 posts, read 6,237 times
Talking Boeing Hiring

I put in my resume' for a composite fabricator position at Boeing Tukwilla, WA just a few weeks ago. and then they emailed me stating i could apply for the job, about a week later. Within another week they emailed me saying "congratulations" and they would like to interview me. I went in for a structured interview (study how to do those well). asked me 5 questions and it was over. Got to show them some parts i had made, which they seemed to like. They called me 9am the next morning and offered me the position.

It all depends on how many people they are hiring, how fast they want them and how important that position is. if it was for a position for an apprenticeship or something where they are only hiring like 2 people for the position, it can take months to hear back. In my case they were hiring 40 composite fabricators so it was relatively quick. Background check took way too long though. be extremely specific and honest on the application too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment