Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 03:03 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,083,430 times

Advertisements

Any of you gals hiring?

I've found that I don't get the sugar high crash if I keep eatin'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 03:37 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,408,574 times
Talking Lolol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Hi folks,

bottom line, if you cannot cook, don't bring a dish that you prepared at home. Sorry, I just don't eat everything, especially the food of people that I work with.

Some people will eat anything but not me. I especially don't eat nor take part in the office "pot luck day".

For the past 2 weeks a couple of the ladies in the office have been bringing in baked goods. To be honest these baked goods did not even look good. Really, how can you mess up brownies and cupcakes. Apparently you can.

I stayed away from both "opportunities" to sample the goods. NO way.

The cupcakes had a marshmallow. The "mello's" were melting and it made the "cakes" look so nasty. The only person that was "smashing" them was the lady that brought them in.......LOL. We all stayed away.

The "brownie lady"....now I have no idea how you can mess up brownies, but you can. These brownies were crumbly and gluey. I said "WTF!!". The icing was some homemade "goop". I guess that was the glue that held the crumbs together. Nevertheless, those brownies sat there.

Folks, if you bring something to the office, go BUY something, bring in an unopened package. Folks think because their family eats their "mess" the folks at the office will also.

I don't want to get started about the hamburger macaroni casserole.

LOL........Ron
My friend...I live and work in Hawaii...you think cupcakes w/marshmallows in them are nasty...lolol...I try to plan my 'sick days' in order to avoid all planned pot lucks...I love the folks I work with and the culture, however... when it comes to 'sardines and peanut butter'...I have to pass...lolol...I don't even want to know what that yellow stuff is...brother, I feel your pain!

Old 02-18-2011, 03:40 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
If you don't like it, don't eat it.

It seems funny how the stuff will disappear right out of the refrigerator before you get to eat it yourself...but your food is "nasty". That's one big reason I won't eat at work--because people steal your food out of the fridge when you haven't said you were sharing.

Old 02-18-2011, 04:03 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,266,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
If you don't like it, don't eat it.

It seems funny how the stuff will disappear right out of the refrigerator before you get to eat it yourself...but your food is "nasty". That's one big reason I won't eat at work--because people steal your food out of the fridge when you haven't said you were sharing.
Many years ago, I worked with a nutcase who would open up lunches and take a bite out of each one, then put it back.

Eventually she got caught and fired.

Old 02-18-2011, 04:18 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,119,217 times
LMAO Ron. Or, the least you could do is bring a store-bought good and pass it off as your own

Old 02-18-2011, 04:21 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Hi folks,

bottom line, if you cannot cook, don't bring a dish that you prepared at home. Sorry, I just don't eat everything, especially the food of people that I work with.

Some people will eat anything but not me. I especially don't eat nor take part in the office "pot luck day".

For the past 2 weeks a couple of the ladies in the office have been bringing in baked goods. To be honest these baked goods did not even look good. Really, how can you mess up brownies and cupcakes. Apparently you can.

I stayed away from both "opportunities" to sample the goods. NO way.

The cupcakes had a marshmallow. The "mello's" were melting and it made the "cakes" look so nasty. The only person that was "smashing" them was the lady that brought them in.......LOL. We all stayed away.

The "brownie lady"....now I have no idea how you can mess up brownies, but you can. These brownies were crumbly and gluey. I said "WTF!!". The icing was some homemade "goop". I guess that was the glue that held the crumbs together. Nevertheless, those brownies sat there.

Folks, if you bring something to the office, go BUY something, bring in an unopened package. Folks think because their family eats their "mess" the folks at the office will also.

I don't want to get started about the hamburger macaroni casserole.

LOL........Ron
Ron... thank you for this very funny thread. I had a good laugh over it!

I don't have an office potluck story, but I do have a baked goods story to tell. About six years ago, my bf had a friend in FL who go his new car repo'd. But he needed a car to get around. We found him a nice $900 Civic sedan in MA for him and drove it down to FL for him. We had to go down anyway to visit my bf's family for Christmas. As a thank you, this friend's wife baked us an oreo cookie pie. We go over to their place to enjoy it, but there were all these other random people there too. So we had to share our "thank you pie" with these complete strangers who hadn't done anything special for this couple. We only got two slices of that nice dessert. We couldn't understand why his wife couldn't just give us that whole pie and make an announcement as to why we were getting it. Anyway, it was not much of a thank you. LOL

Old 02-18-2011, 04:38 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Many years ago, I worked with a nutcase who would open up lunches and take a bite out of each one, then put it back.

There was one place I worked where someone intentionally sabotaged their own lunch, and that was how one got caught. Ex-Lax in the meal.

Old 02-18-2011, 05:20 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
There was one place I worked where someone intentionally sabotaged their own lunch, and that was how one got caught. Ex-Lax in the meal.
That's crazy, Kramar! Did the person get fired after he/she finally came out of the bathroom?

Old 02-18-2011, 05:24 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times
I love pot luck !

Everyone brings six kinds of this and that and before you know it, there are 25 dishes of different things

Old 02-18-2011, 05:49 PM

801 posts, read 1,103,668 times
Well, I got a good laugh out of this post...Thanks. I needed that on a Friday. Actually, as Friday evenings go, with nothing much on the agenda, nothing to complain about. Nothing "upset" me at work today...hate when that happens on a Friday.

Hah! I sure do know what you mean by getting freaked out about other people's cooking. Never know who double dips, licks the spoon and puts it back in. Just never know. There's none of that going on my kitchen, that's for sure.

But, I try not to be extreme about things and so I do usually sample some of my coworkers' cooking on food days. I do pick and choose though, and anything that looks like scary mystery food, I steer clear of - and hope the person who made it (and this has been know to happen) doesn't ask me if I had some of it. I just figure that whatever I do eat is probably not going to kill me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment