Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 02:47 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,123,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
No. I couldn't. The IRS has pretty specific requirements to set up in that job, and not just any joe can get a computer and do the job.

By the way, I wouldn't charge $200. I could charge $20 and undercut every one of the professionals.
If you don't have the requirements to even start such a business it seems like it makes sense you don't get a very big cut of the revenue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2011, 02:52 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,637,581 times
Not just anyone can be an ERO.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:31 PM

379 posts, read 1,401,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary54mi View Post
The way I see it is that the business owners (the "rich") are not getting the incentives ie: tax breaks, reduced gov regulations... to run their US companies so they are leaving our country so maintain!
If you had a business you would do the same or go under. You are making microscopic observations about the rich being able to correct our money woes. The blame, jealousy game.

IMHO we must get back to SUPPLY SIDE ECONOMICS before we turn into a second world nation. Reduce the tax durden so that the "rich" keep their businesses and create more commerce. jobs and economic stablity.

I love my country but I fear my government.

You really think Reganomics, Siphon Up Wealth, really works?

Yeah, these wealthy people that can afford anything they want will be in such bad shape if they don't get that additional .02% tax break in their 12-figure salaries.

Yeah you're right about these clowns creating jobs if they get even more reduced taxes. It's just that these jobs will not be in the United States where they belong. They will be in countries where the people will be more than willing to work for 27 cents an hour!

Old 02-24-2011, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Wow, I can tell you have a great handle on the corporate world. Blaming a corporation sure is easier than taking responsibility for yourself, isn't it?

"I am not poor because I am bad at my job, it is because the rich corporations are not fair!"

You win, winner.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleelvis View Post
It feels awesome.

Every person who says it can't be done is being passed by someone else doing it.

Step aside! Coming through

So did you go march to your boss today and tell him or her that you're more valuable to the company than he or she and get that pay increase that you previously mentioned?

By the way, since you're a self-proclaimed legend, you may want to check inspect your throne room. You know, the room that's padded and where you're required to wear a straight jacket so that you don't hurt others with your awesome legendary powers.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:15 PM

207 posts, read 501,002 times
I for one like making my company lots of money and don't whine when they make more than they did last year. On the other hand, most who manage to get ahead don't.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:51 PM

623 posts, read 1,602,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamrollinglow View Post
So did you go march to your boss today and tell him or her that you're more valuable to the company than he or she and get that pay increase that you previously mentioned?

By the way, since you're a self-proclaimed legend, you may want to check inspect your throne room. You know, the room that's padded and where you're required to wear a straight jacket so that you don't hurt others with your awesome legendary powers.
I am beginning to see why you have a hard time finding and keeping work.

My point was we all have the power to make whatever we want. You are free to start your own business and make millions just like anyone.

Expecting handouts is what lazy people do.

Old 02-24-2011, 10:15 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,933,513 times
I would love to meet some of the self-satisfied individuals posting in this thread - the ones who haven fallen for all the propaganda and b.s. of the multi-national corporate elites - and determine how successful and affluent they are. The ones who are saying, 'well if you are not a millionaire it is your fault and you must be a lazy, incompetent, lousy employee' ... yep, I want to see these brilliant millionaires who seem to have so much time to be posting on threads like this ...

Old 02-25-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I would love to meet some of the self-satisfied individuals posting in this thread - the ones who haven fallen for all the propaganda and b.s. of the multi-national corporate elites - and determine how successful and affluent they are. The ones who are saying, 'well if you are not a millionaire it is your fault and you must be a lazy, incompetent, lousy employee' ... yep, I want to see these brilliant millionaires who seem to have so much time to be posting on threads like this ...

I'm with you on this. That's the Faux so-called News mentality for you.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:16 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,637,581 times
Actually, it's lazy and incompetent people that seem to make a lot of money. They either promote them into management, or they work as the president of their union.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment