Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 01:13 PM

115 posts, read 567,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimer View Post
I was working on a software install in the Far East.
The software was buggy and did not work as it should have.

My boss let me know that they were going to use my training, or
the "lack" thereof as the excuse for why the software wasn't working.

It got fixed back at headquarters, and I "got the training" all was well.

I didn't like that bit, but in general it was the best place I ever worked.
I would go back in a heartbeat if it hadn't been bought, had massive
layoffs, had them again, sold again, layoffs again and sold again.
This is not too bad because the manager let you know what he is going to do. Like he said he will blame you because you were not trained right. I can see why you thought the company was a good place to work just by your example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2011, 03:23 PM

6,824 posts, read 9,059,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinamen View Post
You do not know the facts and I am not to blame. I just want to hear the opinions of people who scapegoat other people and the victims of scapgoating. I know a lot of people will not admit to scapegoating because it is bad in general.
Perhaps you would like to share a specific example from your experience? I'm sure it would be useful to people reading this thread.

Old 03-01-2011, 03:43 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,929,654 times
Sone of these posts are a reminder of my past decades ago.

I hated being the person that weas jumped on due to reasons not of my doing.

Being chewed on during a off the clock lunch break was my starting point. Being new on the job kept my mouth shut. Did as I was told for two yrs and quit Dec 24th and did w/o christmas or New Years double time pay.

Went into business for myself and made three months wages in two weeks after quitting. Did not miss that Christmas or New Years bonus in pay working a holiday shift.

Stayed in business for 36 yrs before retiring. It can be done and I have NO regrets.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:06 PM

379 posts, read 1,401,396 times
Quote:
You do not know the facts and I am not to blame. I just want to hear the opinions of people who scapegoat other people and the victims of scapgoating. I know a lot of people will not admit to scapegoating because it is bad in general.

Don't bother getting involved in discussions with this guy. He's the kind of person who walks three feet higher than everyone else and plays the "blame the victim" game that is often seen from Faux so-called News.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:15 PM

115 posts, read 567,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamrollinglow View Post
Don't bother getting involved in discussions with this guy. He's the kind of person who walks three feet higher than everyone else and plays the "blame the victim" game that is often seen from Faux so-called News.
The reason I brought this thread up because of a coworker who got scapegoated and then fired and that is the reason why I felt strongly against it.

In your opinion, probably scapegoating does not exist in the working world.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:29 PM

623 posts, read 1,602,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamrollinglow View Post
This is coming from a guy who offers no opinion on any post. You have no useful purpose on this forum based on the posts you make. At least I have a constructive thought.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:44 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Scapegoats end up being scapegoats because they don't speak up for themselves.

If you get scapegoated, you go to the manager and set things straight.

If you don't, you're asking to be a scapegoat because people learn they can get away with it because you won't stand up for yourself.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:45 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
The reason I brought this thread up because of a coworker who got scapegoated and then fired and that is the reason why I felt strongly against it.
Why didn't you stand up for your coworker and tell management the truth about what was happening? If you thought it was wrong, you should have done something.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:03 PM

623 posts, read 1,602,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Scapegoats end up being scapegoats because they don't speak up for themselves.

If you get scapegoated, you go to the manager and set things straight.

If you don't, you're asking to be a scapegoat because people learn they can get away with it because you won't stand up for yourself.
I agree. Stand up for yourself people!

Old 03-01-2011, 07:29 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Yes the person wants to be harassed and scapegoated: he or she provides everyone with a manual on how to scapegoat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Once I can understand. Maybe twice. But if this has happened "several times" it makes me wonder if it isn't the person bringing it on themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment