Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2011, 09:31 PM

994 posts, read 1,821,767 times

Advertisements

I am not talking about fellowships linked to schools or in medicine. For instance there is this fellowship position, year long that is in research for industrial design. It requires you be out of school with a degree and with at least one year of professional experience. Perhaps it's not really a fellowship in what it means and just really a temp full-time position with a title like that? I am trying to figure out and seeing if anyone has come across those types of positions before.

Last edited by chikid; 03-05-2011 at 10:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2011, 09:38 PM

4,796 posts, read 22,847,095 times
It sounds like something you apply for funding for, and take a sabbatical from a teaching or professional position to pursue academic research for a predetermined period of time.

Old 03-05-2011, 09:40 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,386,600 times
Question hmmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikid View Post
I am not talking about fellowships linked to schools or in medicine. For instance there is this fellowship position, year long that is in research for industrial design. It requires you be out of school with a degree and with at least one year of professional experience. Perhaps it's not really a fellowship in what it means and just really a temp full-time position with a title like that? I am trying to figure out and seeing if anyone has come across those types of positions before.
What is a 'Fellowship' position? Is this like an internship...w/no pay or what?

Old 03-05-2011, 10:15 PM

The position only requires you have B.A. and already graduated. Nowhere does it state that you have to be in school or anything like that. It's also a paid position. I am thinking it's is not a fellowship per say, rather just it has the word in the position? It's pretty confusing.

Also, sorry I forgot to put 'fellowship' in the title of the thread.

Usually fellowships are linked to research or school but this is a private non-academic company. I am thinking it might be a glorified internship.

Old 03-05-2011, 10:22 PM

127 posts, read 183,056 times
It sounds like that's the case. This is really common in various fields of design, and lots of these lead to FT permanent jobs. I would apply. Can't hurt ya to try, right?

BTW I was undergrad in design and I'd kill for a fellowship like that, no matter what the pay. Keep us posted if you decide to try it.

Old 03-05-2011, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetFedora View Post
It sounds like that's the case. This is really common in various fields of design, and lots of these lead to FT permanent jobs. I would apply. Can't hurt ya to try, right?

BTW I was undergrad in design and I'd kill for a fellowship like that, no matter what the pay. Keep us posted if you decide to try it.
Actually I already got the interview and I really really want it, it would be a perfect fit.

Old 03-05-2011, 10:41 PM

127 posts, read 183,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikid View Post
Actually I already got the interview and I really really want it, it would be a perfect fit.
Rocknroll. Then post if you get it. Good luck to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment