Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2011, 11:14 PM

6 posts, read 9,691 times

Advertisements

Hello!

I have recently applied for a job with my counties District Attorney as a legal assistant. I once applied 5 months ago for one open position and I received a letter in the mail telling me that the position had been filled.
The thing is I personally know three people that work for the DA so I was able to get another chance to interview for 2 open legal assistant positions.

I was more calm and professional in the second interview, I felt very confident that I was a top choice for one of the open positions. This time round I had to take a spelling test and legal quiz, both of which I Aced.

1 week after my new interview I found out that my current manager was contacted and that 2 of the people I know at the DA were called in to talk about me.

Is this a good sign? Do I have the job?

So far I only know of 1 of my professional being contacted and that is the current manger.

Any ideas would be welcome. I can't wait to find out but I think it would be interesting to discuss any outcomes of me not getting the job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2011, 08:16 AM

623 posts, read 1,602,126 times
I would say you are close to getting the job. Until you accept an offer you don't have anything. They could be checking references on a few people and making a decision based off of what they hear.

Hopefully you get it. Good luck

Old 03-13-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleelvis View Post
I would say you are close to getting the job. Until you accept an offer you don't have anything. They could be checking references on a few people and making a decision based off of what they hear.

Hopefully you get it. Good luck
Thx - ya nothing is written in stone. But last time she did not even check a single one of my references. I bet tomorrow I'll hear word.

Old 03-13-2011, 06:42 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
I work in a county job (and have worked in other city/county jobs in the past), and they generally don't check references until you're a top candidate - often THE top candidate. So based on that alone, I would say you have a good chance of getting an offer. Best of luck!

Old 03-13-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I work in a county job (and have worked in other city/county jobs in the past), and they generally don't check references until you're a top candidate - often THE top candidate. So based on that alone, I would say you have a good chance of getting an offer. Best of luck!
That's what my friends at the DA are saying! They keep joking that my schedule is going to be so much better than the retail one I have now.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:04 AM

Anyone else have any other ideas?

Old 03-14-2011, 02:38 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,480,614 times
What other ideas are you looking for?

Old 03-14-2011, 08:59 PM

623 posts, read 1,602,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
What other ideas are you looking for?
Wondering the same thing. You might get the job you might not. I know it's nerve racking to wait but that's all you can do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment