Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 03:16 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,349,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Men.....buy some of these and hand them to the offender.....in public!

LOL! I would have put one of those in the restroom at work!

Seriously, I don't think it would have helped my boss's aim any. The splatters were really disgusting, but not nearly as bad as the clogs. Between his flushing wads of paper towels, and clients flushing feminine hygiene projects (despite a sign telling them not to do so), we had the Roto Rooter guy in at least twice a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 04:41 AM

2,727 posts, read 6,152,771 times
One day I saw the cleaning people in the men's room (they had the door open). I thought it was odd for the middle of the day, but whatever. One of my guys later told me that someone had made a disgusting mess in there - #2 all over the toilet, floors, even on the walls, everywhere.

*gag*

Old 03-29-2011, 04:48 AM

1,492 posts, read 3,644,919 times
Where I work-the office staff is required to also clean the bathrooms-because the owner is too cheap to hire someone for a few hours a week. But we've put our foot down on the men's room-they get to clean it themselves-they are pigs in there. But the women are nasty too. Last week someone vomited all over the walls, floor-anywhere and everywhere. No one would own up to it. These twenty somethings have the same problem with cleaning up the fridge of their junk too.

Come on-this isn't high school and the custodians have to clean up the mess.(I was a driver-custodian for a year and things I saw would turn anyone's stomach). No one out there is your personal maid.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:06 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,954 times
Wow! Reading all of these incidents makes me feel fortunate that aside from a little tinkle on the seats (which is just plain gross), I've been blessed with more sanitary bathroom conditions at my workplaces. I am so appalled at some of these stories and thinking to myself: Who raised these barbarians???

I do recall one unfortunate incident when I was a Jack in the Box employee. We are required to maintain both women and men's rooms. One day, this guy came up to the counter and told me that the men's room need cleaning. I walked in and it was disgusting. Just imagine letting the Tasmanian Devil loose with ketchup packets and napkins ...

Old 03-29-2011, 07:07 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGirlNoMore View Post
One day I saw the cleaning people in the men's room (they had the door open). I thought it was odd for the middle of the day, but whatever. One of my guys later told me that someone had made a disgusting mess in there - #2 all over the toilet, floors, even on the walls, everywhere.

*gag*
I think we once had this issue in our ladies room that we share with the public ... Fortunately, I did not have to go until after the mess was cleaned up so I was saved from having to see/smell that mess!

Old 03-29-2011, 07:10 AM

2,727 posts, read 6,152,771 times
There was a time when our ladies room had a regular opening door that you had to cose yourself, it didn't swing shut automatically. There was one woman who would not only leave it wide open when she came in or left, BUT she would hold the door wide open and talk to people right in front of the door, while people were using the bathroom.

And it's a small bathroom, only 3 stalls.

I couldn't help but think "is this what you do at home???"

Old 03-29-2011, 07:11 AM

536 posts, read 1,429,537 times
This should probably be moved to a pet peeve or etiquette type forum.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:26 AM

13,005 posts, read 18,903,092 times
I thought there would be more complaints about men self abusing themselves and the sounds they make.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:27 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtobeanyer View Post
Sorry if this has been covered before, but I'm continuously amazed at what some of my co-workers do in the men's room at work. It's like all rules of common decency don't exist in there. Is it just my place of work or is this everywhere?

Urinating on the seat--seriously? What kind of person does this? Is it intentional? Do you not realize you have done it?

Not flushing the urinal. Why wouldn't you?

Using the urinal directly next to the one that I am using when there are others available. Same with the stall. Why? In our restroom, we have 3 urinals--why anyone would EVER use the middle urinal is beyond me! I know that's probably a bit uptight of me but why? Even if the other 2 are being used, just use a stall!

Not washing hands--obvious. If you don't want to do it at home or while there is no one else in the restroom, fine, what we don't know can't hurt us. But while there are others in there--why wouldn't you?!

Completely destroying the entire rest room with your odors. I know there is nothing that can be done about this, but if those smells came out of my body I would see a doctor.

Do these kind of things happen everywhere? Is it just a mens' room thing or are the ladies rooms as bad?
Honestly, just take a pee and leave. You can't control what other people do.

Old 03-29-2011, 11:18 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,196,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post
I worked maintenance for a gym years ago and it wasn't uncommon to walk into the dressing area and find old men with a leg propped up on the sink blow drying a set of hairy wet balls after showering.
busta
Gyms are a whole different animal, especially with older men.

I apologize in advance to any posters who are senior citizens for overgeneralizing here, but it is what it is. A lot of old guys seem to love hanging out naked in locker rooms. I have no idea why. I've seen them standing at the mirror shaving naked, sitting on the benches naked reading magazines, parading back and forth with towel on shoulder, etc. If a question suddenly pops into my head while changing I am going to at least get dressed before starting a conversation with a stranger, older guys will just walk on over naked and ask if the pool was too chlorinated today.

I'm not sure at what age I'll develop this habit or if it just a generational thing where I never will.

Quote:
Using the urinal directly next to the one that I am using when there are others available
Chill out. To me the only weirdness with urinals is a crowded trough style one like at a sporting event. Then you've got some guys actually crossing streams in their drunken hurry to get back to the game before the timeout is over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment