Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 01:26 PM

531 posts, read 2,892,000 times

Advertisements

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I'm continuously amazed at what some of my co-workers do in the men's room at work. It's like all rules of common decency don't exist in there. Is it just my place of work or is this everywhere?

Urinating on the seat--seriously? What kind of person does this? Is it intentional? Do you not realize you have done it?

Not flushing the urinal. Why wouldn't you?

Using the urinal directly next to the one that I am using when there are others available. Same with the stall. Why? In our restroom, we have 3 urinals--why anyone would EVER use the middle urinal is beyond me! I know that's probably a bit uptight of me but why? Even if the other 2 are being used, just use a stall!

Not washing hands--obvious. If you don't want to do it at home or while there is no one else in the restroom, fine, what we don't know can't hurt us. But while there are others in there--why wouldn't you?!

Completely destroying the entire rest room with your odors. I know there is nothing that can be done about this, but if those smells came out of my body I would see a doctor.

Do these kind of things happen everywhere? Is it just a mens' room thing or are the ladies rooms as bad?

Last edited by usedtobeanyer; 03-28-2011 at 02:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 01:33 PM

17,574 posts, read 45,974,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtobeanyer View Post

Using the urinal directly next to the one that I am using when there are others available. Same with the stall. Why? In our restroom, we have 3 urinals--why anyone would EVER use the middle urinal is beyond me! I know that's probably a bit uptight of me but why? Even if the other 2 are being used, just use a stall!
Sounds like you have some kind of phobia. Do you think these people are trying to take a peak at you?

Old 03-28-2011, 01:40 PM

2,279 posts, read 3,957,264 times
Next time they choose the urinal next to you, take a step back and aim at their's.

But in all honesty, the only problem I see here is that they don't flush or urinate everywhere but the bowl. Nobody can control their odors unfortunately. They probably have a poor diet. Perhaps you can start a healthy-diet program at your office? I do get stage fright sometimes if someone jumps in next to me. When I do, I just act like I'm finished (the silent stream, so to speak).

Old 03-28-2011, 01:54 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,429,325 times
Quote:
Completely destroying the entire rest room with your orders.
Leaving their orders around, as in a fast food place where the rest rooms become a place where orders are laid out willy-nilly all over the place while the serving offender takes a whazz?

I do think you're being a little paranoid here and your question would be better posted in one of the "pet peeve" threads under "Other".

As a helpful hint, have you addressed management? There are many air purifying gizmos available today, both plug-ins and free-standing which can easily be installed. Or, if you know who the odiferous people are, give them a candle. The character, Kevin, on the "Office" series was often scripted to take a lit candle with him into the loo and then blow it out upon his stall departure and allow the resulting burn smell to mask his nasties.

Last edited by STT Resident; 03-28-2011 at 02:07 PM..

Old 03-28-2011, 02:07 PM

86 posts, read 294,140 times
At one of my old workplaces our mens restroom had the SAME exact problem. We all (except the owner) knew who it was because it was never an issue until we hired this new accountant. The guy was in his 50's and was a pretty conservative straight laced guy. But he'd leave urine ALL over the guys bathroom and it smelled like he ate asparagus for breakfast. We didn't want to confront him and embarrass him in the office but we all wondered how a well mannered adult could just urinate all over the bathroom and not clean it up. I left there before the issue was resolved but it was definitely an annoyance.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:24 PM

1,624 posts, read 4,852,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djchriscruz View Post
At one of my old workplaces our mens restroom had the SAME exact problem. We all (except the owner) knew who it was because it was never an issue until we hired this new accountant. The guy was in his 50's and was a pretty conservative straight laced guy. But he'd leave urine ALL over the guys bathroom and it smelled like he ate asparagus for breakfast. We didn't want to confront him and embarrass him in the office but we all wondered how a well mannered adult could just urinate all over the bathroom and not clean it up. I left there before the issue was resolved but it was definitely an annoyance.
Hah! We had a guy like that too. Eventually someone went to HR and they asked him if he needed any counselling. Apparently he strenously denied it, but I think he got the hint and stop urinating all over the toilet seats.

Old 03-28-2011, 04:00 PM

531 posts, read 2,892,000 times
One other thing I've noticed recently is guys passing wind in the restroom as if it were sport...sorry if this is TMI...but guys standing at the urinal letting it rip repeatedly is really just disgusting. I suppose better in the restroom but elsewhere, but geez...

Old 03-28-2011, 04:08 PM

17,574 posts, read 45,974,390 times
Quote:
One other thing I've noticed recently is guys passing wind in the restroom as if it were sport...sorry if this is TMI...but guys standing at the urinal letting it rip repeatedly is really just disgusting. I suppose better in the restroom but elsewhere, but geez...
I'm starting to think you don't understand the concept of a bathroom.

Old 03-28-2011, 04:26 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,506,607 times
Maybe the OP needs to yell out before entering the men's room "OLLY OLLY OXEN FREE".

If no one comes out they can go in and bolt the door behind them.

Old 03-28-2011, 04:36 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,030,150 times
I worked maintenance for a gym years ago and it wasn't uncommon to walk into the dressing area and find old men with a leg propped up on the sink blow drying a set of hairy wet balls after showering.

busta

Last edited by bustaduke; 03-28-2011 at 05:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment