Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 11:20 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,897,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Better re-check that. PA considers termination for performance as "terminated for cause".

Why were the people laid off, you never said? Was it for performance? Or funding?

Both
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
It usually means that the smart rats are getting off the sinking ship into the lifeboats before it goes completely under, leaving the ones still onboard to perish into the depths of the sea.
You say perish like i would never work again in life if it did go under. Just like in 2006, and 2009, if my current situation was to end I would have to put myself in a NEW SITUATION because I still have to

Eat
Pay rent
Watch Cable
Have Safe Adult Fun-Masybe

LOL

Old 04-02-2011, 11:28 AM

26,585 posts, read 61,931,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
You say perish like i would never work again in life if it did go under. Just like in 2006, and 2009, if my current situation was to end I would have to put myself in a NEW SITUATION because I still have to

Eat
Pay rent
Watch Cable
Have Safe Adult Fun-Masybe

LOL
You forgot whining on these boards about having no money and only being able to eat Fruit Loops part.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
You forgot whining on these boards about having no money and only being able to eat Fruit Loops part.
I recall VENTING not Whining

Old 04-02-2011, 11:40 AM

26,585 posts, read 61,931,227 times
Quote:
I recall VENTING not Whining
It sure sounded like whining to the rest of us.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:16 PM

1,128 posts, read 3,476,567 times
Quote:
Well someone who been at my job for 3 weeks stated that she knows someone at another job that just fired 3 people and they are currently looing for career counselors.
For the sake of the people who are desperately looking for employment advice in your area, please do not become a career counselor....unless you already are, then that would be pretty funny.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolSocks View Post
For the sake of the people who are desperately looking for employment advice in your area, please do not become a career counselor....unless you already are, then that would be pretty funny.
I am that's why the information was brought to my attention

Old 04-02-2011, 09:53 PM

1,128 posts, read 3,476,567 times
Quote:
I am that's why the information was brought to my attention
I'm sorry, that just blows my mind. How can you possibly be a career counselor when you post the most moronic career-related questions and comments on CD?

Old 04-02-2011, 10:16 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,567,744 times
Quote:
Both
Funding is now an issue, Grasshopper! Your state's Governor (whose name you couldn't even get right) is proposing major economic cutbacks for social services and education. You remained adamant that YOUR agency which is one of several which deals with finding employment for felons and otherwise rather unemployables wasn't included in those cutbacks.

When I pointed out that those proposed cutbacks could, via house vote, well filter down to putting more into basic education and cutting back on funded agencies such as those for whom you work, you scoffed and again said that the agency for whom you work was immune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolSocks View Post
I'm sorry, that just blows my mind. How can you possibly be a career counselor when you post the most moronic career-related questions and comments on CD?
Many of us have known his profession for a few years now. It is indeed mind-boggling and very sad. Cheers!

Old 04-03-2011, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Funding is now an issue, Grasshopper! Your state's Governor (whose name you couldn't even get right) is proposing major economic cutbacks for social services and education. You remained adamant that YOUR agency which is one of several which deals with finding employment for felons and otherwise rather unemployables wasn't included in those cutbacks.

When I pointed out that those proposed cutbacks could, via house vote, well filter down to putting more into basic education and cutting back on funded agencies such as those for whom you work, you scoffed and again said that the agency for whom you work was immune.

Many of us have known his profession for a few years now. It is indeed mind-boggling and very sad. Cheers!

Once July 1 gets here and it's confirmed what money the agency will have for the new fscal year, some of those people will be brought back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment