U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-03-2011, 07:54 PM

169 posts, read 182,621 times

Advertisements

Hello
My husband and I are planning on a possible move to New Orleans and have a 1 year old son
long story short My husband is finishing up his parole sentence and of course will be needing a job
what states hare the hardest on felons and which are more lenient
and anybody know of any programs that would help him
thankyou all
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2011, 08:07 PM

6,192 posts, read 7,283,305 times
Getting a job with two felonies on your record

How old is your husband?

Old 04-03-2011, 08:10 PM

169 posts, read 182,621 times
he will be 27 when he gets out and is finishing up parole for an arrest when he was 18 that is drug related

Old 04-09-2012, 09:26 PM

879 posts, read 385,519 times
Whatever he does make sure he discloses it... we had a guy start recently and was fired 2 days later due to a prior assault conviction when he said "no" to the "Have you ever been convicted of a felony?" question.

I'm in Washington but I'm sure this applies to every state.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:39 PM

11,661 posts, read 9,947,678 times
And if he had answered Yes to the question, would it have made any difference? That's the big question and the dilemma!

By answering No, and it was disovered much later, after this person had prooved himself, the employer might have had 2nd thoughts about firing a good worker!

Old 04-10-2012, 04:16 AM

879 posts, read 385,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
And if he had answered Yes to the question, would it have made any difference? That's the big question and the dilemma!

By answering No, and it was disovered much later, after this person had prooved himself, the employer might have had 2nd thoughts about firing a good worker!
It was discovered when the background check came back... With my employer it wouldn't have made a difference. They don't care how good of a worker you are.... violate policy and lose your job.

Still, being up front about it wouldn't have wasted everyone's time and you have a better chance of not being the shown the door... Some employers may have been OK with it if it was disclosed up front.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment