U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 08:23 PM

2,529 posts, read 2,969,587 times

Advertisements

So what are a list of companies that are required to hire Black people. Like an equal rights employeer sort of like Walmart, Target and Stop and Shop.

I'm black and struggling to find a job to survive in this tough economy so figured I would need every advantage I would get.

Are there some companies who prefer to hire minorities just to keep their behinds out of hot water?

Old 04-04-2011, 10:45 PM

4,806 posts, read 12,058,471 times
By law every employer is an equal opportunity employer. There are no quotas required to meet equal opportunity laws.

Approaching employers simply because of perceived preferential treatment based on race is probably not going to get you a job. You're going to need to convince an employer you've got more qualifications for the job than just your race.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:56 PM

2,317 posts, read 2,641,768 times
I worked at an accounting firm for a while that had 80 employees and ONE black person. The rest were white as snow LOL

I don't think they are required to do quota hires until they get over 100 employees.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:06 PM

26,362 posts, read 55,867,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
So what are a list of companies that are required to hire Black people. Like an equal rights employeer sort of like Walmart, Target and Stop and Shop.

I'm black and struggling to find a job to survive in this tough economy so figured I would need every advantage I would get.

Are there some companies who prefer to hire minorities just to keep their behinds out of hot water?

You should be able to find a job in no time. Here you go:

Adversity.Net Home Page

Latest News and Facts about Racial Quotas, Preferences, and Reverse Discrimination.

The Toll of Racial Quotas and Preferences: True Horror Stories.

Summary of GSA Reverse Discrimination December 2003

Old 04-05-2011, 02:08 AM

24,638 posts, read 14,898,640 times
There is no such thing as reverse discrimination.
It is either discrimination or it is not.

Your links are all from adversity.net.
Their use of "reverse discrimination" on every page leaves their credibility doubtful.
They've got their own agenda.

From adversity.net homepage: News about racial preferences, targets, goals, quotas, and disparate impact from around the country. National trends in reverse discrimination, forced diversity, and the racial preferences industry.

You do understand that hiring requirements are in-place for a period of time ONLY for organizations that have been FOUND IN COURT to have practiced discrimination in the hiring process.

Last edited by chielgirl; 04-05-2011 at 02:26 AM..

Old 04-05-2011, 05:50 AM

1,271 posts, read 3,251,742 times
There are plenty of folks needing jobs right now, regardless of their race. Be the best candidate for the job, not just the right color. Of course this is my personal opinion, but I would rather get a job knowing it was on my owm merits, performance, achievements, skills, reputation, interview etc. I would not be comfortable knowing I only got the job because I was a certain race.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:01 AM

8,824 posts, read 5,040,841 times
Many companies who want to increase diversity in the ranks (not because they are compelled by law to, LOL) advertise jobs in venues that cater to minority jobseekers.

try this one:

Minority Job Search Engine offers Diversity Jobs and Career Opportunities in the Workplace

I am surprised you have not run across this in your job search. Unless you are a troll of course.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:07 AM

19,321 posts, read 7,535,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post

So, you're saying that you do not have the necessary skills to compete in the real world.

Unless you get an advantage, you are unemployable?

Or, you feel that you should be able to push ahead of many other qualified applicants simply because of your skin color?

Disgraceful.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:25 AM

8,467 posts, read 7,078,205 times
Lake County IL Housing Authority. A woman was fired from there and filed a lawsuit saying it was because she was white and Polish.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:36 AM
FBJ

35,115 posts, read 24,335,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
I worked at an accounting firm for a while that had 80 employees and ONE black person. The rest were white as snow LOL

I don't think they are required to do quota hires until they get over 100 employees.

My company is the reversed-lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment