U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 07:11 AM

6,046 posts, read 5,983,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Seriously dude, it's not just the bolded parts it's all the quoted text together. The bolded were just the highlights. Your breakdown and point by point analogies and explanations were way off the mark. You'll never get it.
I took the time to explain point by point why I wasn't being contradictory. Maybe you should take the time to explain your side of the story.

Your interpretations of my posts are different than what I meant on the posts, so clearly there's a communication gap somewhere.

If you explain your side of the story, maybe we can figure out where the communication gap is.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:13 AM

21,364 posts, read 24,539,132 times
Heavens to Murgatroyd, maybe a double dose of Ex-Lax can hurry along verbal diarrhea.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Whatever. No doubt many will be standing by with bated breath to see if you land the job or how you're going to deal with NOT getting it.

Let's not beat around the bush with those who've run around that bush many times, you silly child. The "contradictions" which Thursday pointed out had everything to do with not only the current thread but with much that you've posted previously - which is relevant since you raised the issue(s).

Your mindset is just so not in the right place where employment is concerned. But continue to argue, entertain us.

I really do think that you have a big issue with reading comprehension.
I find it laughable that you question my reading comprehension.

The fact that you think all of the "contradictions" Thursday pointed out had to do with the job proves that you didn't comprehend them.

A lot of the "contradictions" clearly had everything to do with driving and nothing to do with the job.

How about some examples:

Going by someone's driving record is not always the best way to determine how good of a driver they are. Some of the worst drivers are people that do dangerous stuff but luck out and never cause a crash and never get caught by the cops.

Just because someone makes a mistake when they're young doesn't make them a bad driver.

Why should someone in a car-dependent city go without a car?

so it's only natural for someone my age to want a car

But a car would make my life a lot easier

Oh, and I can literally count on 1 hand the number of upperclassmen I know at my college without a car.

My parents admitted they could afford it.

I asked them if they would cover the insurance if I bought a cheap car, but they said no.

Really, the reason they won't let me have a car is because they don't trust me. Even though Las Cruces is a small city

they say they'll teach me how to drive in the city, but they never do

to handle city driving by the time I graduate

That's easy since you had a car.

I was told I would take a car to college, so I didn't feel the need to work.

And you're leaving out the rest of the post. My parents think I can't handle driving in the city. And I actually agree with them somewhat

so it's not a shock that I can't handle the city now that I have my license.

And I realize I might struggle with driving in Las Cruces (city of 100,000) so part of me doesn't mind going without a car.

And what's her explanation for the fact that there are people my age who can handle the city

But it's also a good thing to play it safe if I have any doubts about the roads in Las Cruces. The last thing I want is a second accident

These are quite a few examples. And all these examples have everything to do with driving and nothing to do with the job.

If you think those examples have to do with the library job and nothing to do with driving, please tell me how, because it's clear that all those examples have to do with driving.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:25 AM

Please provide mailing address of a fellow collegian who will accept delivery of a case of duct tape and the manpower to execute its purpose.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:28 AM

Typical of STT Resident. I prove her wrong but she doesn't admit it/refuses to discuss this with me.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:45 AM

Dream on, Socrates.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Dream on, Socrates.
Please explain how any of the car/driving examples I gave have anything to do with the library job?

Old 04-16-2011, 07:55 AM

Last word, Socrates. Bye bye.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:56 AM

You know you're wrong and I'm right so you're refusing to discuss this with me

Old 04-16-2011, 09:17 AM

7,371 posts, read 3,177,614 times
You know City, you come across as an intelligent, well spoken young man.

I think what a number of posters have stated is that life owes you nothing. Somehow, you seem to have gained a sense of entitlement from somewhere. It's a really disturbing trend that many of us (being somewhat older than you) have observed. Perhaps you were raised as a "helicopter child" (that is with Mommy and Daddy hovering over you; swooping down and fixing every little mistake you made).

Now Mommy and Daddy won't give you a car. You don't seem to have any initiative to go out and get a summer job to prove to your parents that you are maturing, and can actually make some healthy decisions about your own life that will benefit you in the long run...

Maybe the common theme here is that it's time to take some responsibility for yourself, instead of arguing with some of the same posters constantly about some little semantics, which really isn't going to help get you through life...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment