Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2011, 08:33 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by benmoss85 View Post
No I probably won't.. Try again
Given the amount of complaining you're doing in this thread, it's likely you will continue to complain. And you do appear to have some issues IRT money. Life's too short. You're wasting your time being concerned about the earnings of others.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:35 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,469,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
70k doesn't go far for a family even in a low cost of living area. Getting married and having children is the norm in our culture. To say "tough, you chose to have children" is out of touch.
Just because it's the norm doesn't mean you need to do it. Having kids is a choice. Marriage is a choice. I'm never having kids and never marrying.

One of the reasons I'm never having kids is because I realize how expensive they are. Call me selfish, but I'd rather use my money on myself instead of wasting it on kids. And I don't expect to get rich.

My 2 options are either

1. Have kids and all of us will live in poverty
2. Live a decent lifestyle for myself and prevent kids that would have a bad life anyway from entering this world

Besides, the world is overpopulated

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikorock28 View Post
It is out of touch to have children without realizing (and preparing for) the possible consequences and responsibilities it entails.
Exactly.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:44 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Exactly.
The vast majority of people having children globally earn far less than 70k/year.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:49 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Gee Benmoss85 (who was only born in 1985... what a clever screen name. ),
When I made that reply to you, you had all of 16 posts on this message board. Now you are up to 18... and that's all of four minutes of reading material, if that. And at 25 years of age, you are typical in thinking that you know everything about life, but real wisdom will come to your later on when you accept your own shortcomings and accept being imperfect as every human being is.

And just to refresh your short memory Mister Warehouse Reciever, here are some of your previous posts within the last FOUR days:
Quote:
Is 20.00 an hour pretty good now a days?

Hi Guys!

New here and was wondering what everyone thought of a job paying 20.00 an hour? Is this a good salary now a days like it was ten years ago? does anybody make 20 an hour that can tell me their thoughts? Only reason I ask is because I have an option to go to school for a BA, or get a full time SECURE job making 20.00 an hour... benefits & 401K... in this economy would I be a fool to pass? Or will jobs like that come around often? I'm 25 by the way, Male.

thanks!
Quote:
Thanks for all the advice guys. I've decided to take the job. 20.00 an hour is rich to me right now because I currently don't have any kids and no major bills outside of rent & a car payment. Your all right about how it wouldn't make much sense to lose out on money now and not be assured a job in the future even WITH a degree. Maybe I can find a way to take up night classes on the side. I know there are many who make way more, but I also know many who would give their left arm for a job like this. Thanks guys!
Quote:
Hourly Workers, What Do You Make?

Well since none of us know each other I think it's safe to share this. You don't have to put WHERE you work, just the field you work in and hourly rate. Also your state if you can so we can see what certain careers pay in various states. I'll start.... Warehouse Receiver: 20.00 an hour CA

And I think that you are completely incorrect about thinking that nobody (on this message board) cares what I think... since I have 5718 positive reputation points to your 21.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:53 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,469,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
The vast majority of people having children globally earn far less than 70k/year.
Cost of living (and cost of children) varies worldwide. The majority of people having children live in third world countries. Of course they don't make 70k in third world countries, but the cost of living and the cost of raising kids is cheaper, plus it's expected to live in poverty in third world countries. Not to mention the fact that some of their kids will probably die at a young age in third world countries.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:06 PM

39 posts, read 151,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Gee Benmoss85 (who was only born in 1985... what a clever screen name. ),
When I made that reply to you, you had all of 16 posts on this message board. Now you are up to 18... and that's all of four minutes of reading material, if that. And at 25 years of age, you are typical in thinking that you know everything about life, but real wisdom will come to your later on when you accept your own shortcomings and accept being imperfect as every human being is.

And just to refresh your short memory Mister Warehouse Reciever, here are some of your previous posts within the last FOUR days:

And I think that you are completely incorrect about thinking that nobody (on this message board) cares what I think... since I have 5718 positive reputation points to your 21.
ahhhhh... how cute... are you mad? it'll be ok man, if you start feeling depressed just rest assured that you have 5,718 online friends who will be there for you! goodnight

Old 04-25-2011, 09:07 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,196,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
rep'd!

Old 04-25-2011, 09:39 PM

8,311 posts, read 13,444,568 times
$70K-$100K in a month? in a year? Where does this person live? If you make that much in a month then I reckon you should be a OK anywhere in the world. You make that much in a year in So/Nor Cal or New York/Manhattan, then you might be even struggling depending on your life style (fixed expenses), habits/addictions and dependencies.

This country is still the best for making $$ because, well, it means everything to most. Those who worship money will unlikely to find true happiness in one life time.

Do you know who many of the lottery winners go broke or even bankrupt within a few years of winning millions? Yet I read in different magazine about folks even in the US making it on $3000-$4000 /year with no issues. Impossible?

Don't let a piece of green paper control your life, it is only money.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:51 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,134,517 times
Quote:
Ok nobody cares what you think first off... secondly it's obvious your upset because I called out all the snobs... third i'm 25 years old and already make 50K, i'm willing to bet that your alot older than me by the way... and fourth since you obviously researched ALL my previous posts (do you have a life? oh yeah, you DON'T hence your over 9,000 posts so far on this site) so you should know that I said in my new job I should make 30.00 an hour sometime within the next ten years.. so at 35 I should be making roughly 62,000 a year plus whatever bonuses.. so YES I will be making good money!!! and guess what? my fiancee works too and makes roughly 40K a year and she's 24... Sooooooooooooo I think that by the time i'm in my mid 30's i'll be doing just fine! But I will not give snobs a pass, so basically i'm saying sorry you got offended but the truth must be told
That's not bad pay... but it's nothing to go around bragging about. I'm a year older than you and last year I made more than 4 times of what you claim to be making off of just one of my businesses. The primary reason is because career choices I made. I chose to work for myself rather than someone else. I'm no snob about it though. I make what I'm worth. Hopefully you feel the same about yourself.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:00 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,388,646 times
Quote:
It seems the majority of the rich are evil people who can't seem to understand what really matters in life
You call people making between 70 and 100 g's a year "rich?"

LOL!!

I make that much and so does my husband. We have no kids and live modestly but are ANYTHING but rich because we live in Southern California, where the cost of living is extreme. I'm not complaining about my salary or the COA. You attacking all of us making more money than you I chalk up to jealousy, nothing more, nothing less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment