Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 04:03 PM

39 posts, read 151,189 times

Advertisements

Today I had a chance to listen in on a group lunch with workers from some big company and they were complaining about how much they were making!!! I'm sorry but especially after seeing all these threads on this site about people that can't even FIND a job, I have no sympathy for snooty stuck up white collar ***** holes!!!!! If your making 70-100K + where I live especially you need to ****!!!!!!!! Only a complete idiot would find it hard to live on that.... Here's an example

100K a year for just ten years is 1 million dollars!!!!! let's just say after taxes your take home for that period would be some 700,000.... that's more than enough to get a beautiful home and pay it off cash in that time and buy 2-3 vehicles cash... and then whatever is left leave in the bank and work another ten-twenty years, save like MAD because your house would be paid off and then retire early with 1-2 million in the bank! screw all you stuck up, greedy, and ungrateful pricks out there who don't appreciate what you have!!!! and don't even get me started on 500K + jobs!

Old 04-24-2011, 04:08 PM

4,796 posts, read 22,899,264 times
Hey some people just can't be happy. Just as some people can't stop complaining about their weight when they are thin, some people can't be happy with how much they earn.

When I'm around these people, I find it annoying at first, but after a while it's hard not to feel pity for them. I mean, look at all this money they have (and along with it, access to good health care, and many other things) and they can't even appreciate it!

As the saying goes, happiness is not getting what you want, it's been satisfied with what you have.

Old 04-24-2011, 04:20 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Jealousy much?

Old 04-24-2011, 04:39 PM

398 posts, read 1,365,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by benmoss85 View Post
Today I had a chance to listen in on a group lunch with workers from some big company and they were complaining about how much they were making!!! I'm sorry but especially after seeing all these threads on this site about people that can't even FIND a job, I have no sympathy for snooty stuck up white collar ***** holes!!!!! If your making 70-100K + where I live especially you need to ****!!!!!!!! Only a complete idiot would find it hard to live on that.... !
70K is not so much that you can't complain about it.

Where I live, that's a decent salary with some bankable savings for a single guy in a studio apt. with a new-ish car, but not as sole income for a Family with 2-3 kids, a house & 2 cars in a decent neighborhood.

Last edited by raymond2; 04-24-2011 at 05:08 PM..

Old 04-24-2011, 04:41 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Sure, I make good money. But I am barely making it. I support my Mother, who won't give up a house she can't afford. I could stop helping her, she would lose her home, and end up with me anyway. I am helping 2 kids in college, sure, I could tell them both to forget it, but they would end up at home living with me working minimum wage jobs, if they could even find one. I have a car payment, high interest rate due to losing a job a few years ago, so I had to foreclose on a home I was underwater in anyway.

No one ever gave me a dime. I would like to know how I would have a million in ten years...
I have to pay rent, car ins, cell phone, clothes for work, food...

How could someone making $75,000 a year save every penny?

Old 04-24-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Sure, I make good money. But I am barely making it. I support my Mother, who won't give up a house she can't afford. I could stop helping her, she would lose her home, and end up with me anyway. I am helping 2 kids in college, sure, I could tell them both to forget it, but they would end up at home living with me working minimum wage jobs, if they could even find one. I have a car payment, high interest rate due to losing a job a few years ago, so I had to foreclose on a home I was underwater in anyway.

No one ever gave me a dime. I would like to know how I would have a million in ten years...
I have to pay rent, car ins, cell phone, clothes for work, food...

How could someone making $75,000 a year save every penny?
Yeah but how can you complain about all these things that were largely your choice? No one made you have kids for example. Or buy that house. (And by the way, plenty of kids didn't have their parents paying their tuition and still didn't end up living at home earning minimum wage. If no one ever gave you a dime, and you made it, why do you have so little faith that your kids couldn't do the same?).

All I'm saying is, 70k isn't really something to sit around and ***** about. I've lived in two of the three most expensive cities in the US, and I've never made 70k and I manage to not sit around and ***** about how much I make. There are a lot of people with less.

Old 04-24-2011, 04:51 PM

398 posts, read 1,365,427 times
You can survive on minimum wage and be happy too... many low income immigrant (legal or illegal) families appear to be happy with that.

The old adage is: You don't miss what you never had.

Old 04-24-2011, 05:36 PM

1,821 posts, read 7,729,917 times
so say the op makes 50k. in his mind he has it hard and can criticize someone who makes 70k. now juxtapose his 50k against someone who makes 25k and they can feel the same righteous anger against him.

If i've made educational and career choices to earn say 80k a year that is my right. that's about 6,667 a month. now if i voluntarily save 10 percent for retirement, voluntarily donate 10, save a couple hundred for kids college, pay 25 percent in taxes, pay for health insurance a couple hundred etc. then my take home suddenly is only half of that. not bad, but not as big of a difference as it looks at first. again its relative

Old 04-24-2011, 05:55 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,126,539 times
The person making 20K complains about the person making 40K. The person making 40K complains about the person making 80K. Rinse and repeat.

Old 04-24-2011, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcats View Post
so say the op makes 50k. in his mind he has it hard and can criticize someone who makes 70k. now juxtapose his 50k against someone who makes 25k and they can feel the same righteous anger against him.

If i've made educational and career choices to earn say 80k a year that is my right. that's about 6,667 a month. now if i voluntarily save 10 percent for retirement, voluntarily donate 10, save a couple hundred for kids college, pay 25 percent in taxes, pay for health insurance a couple hundred etc. then my take home suddenly is only half of that. not bad, but not as big of a difference as it looks at first. again its relative
Yeah but OP isn't complaining about how much they make. In fact I'm reading it as the opposite: OP recognizes that there are a lot of people who don't have as much. Nowhere does OP even say that they earn less than the others. OP is complaining about complainers, not about earning less than the complainers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment