Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 07:42 AM

2,534 posts, read 2,254,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingMom View Post
Nope. He's not given me even the time of day-tomorrow will be 1 month past my review. I knew not to expect a raise or review based upon what other people there have said. I probably will never get one. One person said they didn't get a raise until they were there over 3 years(I can assure you I will not be around that long at this place).

Another girl in the office(she's 21), asked last month about getting her medical benefits. She'd been there for a bit over a year. At 1 year she should have had them. Now they are making noise about getting her the paper work. I should point on there IS no human resources here-one person submits payroll to Paychex, another does the paper work for health insurance-on top of their regular duties.
We kind of expected that but I was hoping that someone would address your raise. That's tough and can be discouraging. So no incentive for getting all those back claims out and paid? Aside from your paycheck...

I think the only way people are going to survive on $10/hr type jobs is if the national minimum wage is increased.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 10:44 AM

4,894 posts, read 14,134,978 times
$10/hour is an entry level wage in my opinion also the same amount of income you can make on unemployment in Florida. Wow, imagine that...

Old 05-18-2011, 04:43 AM

1,492 posts, read 3,644,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookup138 View Post
We kind of expected that but I was hoping that someone would address your raise. That's tough and can be discouraging. So no incentive for getting all those back claims out and paid? Aside from your paycheck...

I think the only way people are going to survive on $10/hr type jobs is if the national minimum wage is increased.
Being I've not worked for this low of pay since I was 21-I plan on NOT staying in this bracket of pay. This job I do is great for someone still living at home with Mom and Dad. Pure and Simple. It's not meant for someone who has a family and obligations.

There is no incentive for getting those back claims out and paid. Except the threat that if I don't bring in enough to make him happy-I get fired. So I literally sit at that desk for a straight 8 hours-I do allow myself long enough to eat a Cup of Soup.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:03 AM

2,534 posts, read 2,254,765 times
If he fires you then you get unemployment until you get something better. He has nothing on you to fight a claim so no need to worry. I know its hard to look for a job while you are working a stressful one at that. Have you considered processing claims on your own? Like as in your own start up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment