Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 12:26 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,465,801 times

Advertisements

Don't have this currently, but had it in the past. You lie and say you are going to run errands!

At one place I worked if you came back with everyone's food and someone's order was wrong, it was YOUR fault. So then it got to the point where you unloaded and unwrapped every item at the counter just to make sure they made everything right. Total PITA. Luckily my current job, I work from home, but even when I was in the office this was never ever done - big corporation. It was just not done, in fact, you never asked someone where they were going and you never explained where you were going. No personal questions at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 12:46 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,813,926 times
Bring your own lunch.
Save money and stick it to the man at the same time.

Old 05-15-2011, 12:54 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,528,515 times
I have CRS; you don't want to take the chance!

Old 05-15-2011, 01:03 PM

409 posts, read 873,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
On Friday me and a coworker were headed to lunch and my boss found out where we were going and was saying.,Can you get me this and a side of that

And as she was saying it........she never went in her pocket to give me the money
So you ended up buying your boss lunch? You couldn't ask her for the money before you left? I would never spring for lunch for any boss or co-worker. I think that would cause resentment on both sides. You because you would expect a free lunch in return. Them because they would think 'hey the lunch was only $__, what's your problem?'

What kind of you job do you have?

Old 05-15-2011, 01:26 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
I don't have to deal with that kind of nonsense either. It seems like you would spend your lunch hour mommying your coworkers.

Old 05-15-2011, 01:27 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonegg View Post
So you ended up buying your boss lunch? You couldn't ask her for the money before you left? I would never spring for lunch for any boss or co-worker. I think that would cause resentment on both sides. You because you would expect a free lunch in return. Them because they would think 'hey the lunch was only $__, what's your problem?'

What kind of you job do you have?

She ended up giving me something at the end of the day that is going to save me about $50 for the remainder of the month so I guess treating her to a $7.00 lunch wouldn't have been a big deal-lol But at the time when she was telling me her order I didn't expect what I received at the end of the day. I just thought she was trying to get over-lol

Old 05-15-2011, 01:35 PM

331 posts, read 956,719 times
That is lame and stupid. My lunch hour is my lunch hour and it is nobody's business what I do during that time. Now, I wouldn't mind to pick something up for someone every now and then, but the obligation to make an announcement in the office is completely ridiculous. For me, it just wouldn't work since I spend most lunches eating and resting in my car.

Old 05-15-2011, 01:42 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond2 View Post
I use lunch hours to go to the bank or do some minor errands and just eat something quick on the run... usually from the hot dog / Shish kebab street vendor. No way am I going to do someone else's shopping on my time.

Building upon this, I would just say I'm stepping out to run errands. If they ask, I'd say I don't know where I'm going to end up getting my food.

Really, it's a stupid "rule." Let those lazy jackanapes get their own bleepin' lunch! What is this, a dang drive-thru? I'll bet they don't offer to chip in for gas, either.

Old 05-15-2011, 01:47 PM

274 posts, read 370,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I can understand that but it's one fat girl who is very lazy who sits there and wait around for someone to get up so she can say-"Where are you going"

I was about to agree with you - I sometimes sneak out when people are busy so I can avoid the whole thing, otherwise I end up with a handful of post-its with everyone's orders. If someone goes and asks me, I always say No, because I don't want to have to "owe" them.

On the other hand, your remark about the "one fat girl" kinda pissed me off. I really hadn't made note of the various body weights on the people in my office who try to burden me with their lunch orders, but now that I think of it, it's a mix.

You're an a$$.

Old 05-15-2011, 01:51 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Building upon this, I would just say I'm stepping out to run errands. If they ask, I'd say I don't know where I'm going to end up getting my food.

Really, it's a stupid "rule." Let those lazy jackanapes get their own bleepin' lunch! What is this, a dang drive-thru? I'll bet they don't offer to chip in for gas, either.
I tried saying that but it didn't work-lol I was like I'm going to pay a bill and not sure where I'm going to get lunch and still was criticized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment