Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2011, 11:21 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,477,939 times

Advertisements

I am now on disability--and wish to get off. Some chronic health issues created by the stress of teaching middle school students with remedial problems. shrug--So I nearly killed myself--my government thinks that I could and should do more. I don't intend to live on what my government feels is appropriate---less, much less than minimum wage. I have 2 degrees in Education and a couple of decades of experience.

--'An Innovator'--the sort chosen to accept 'A mission from God'

--Well, I didn't meet this challenge and I am clear where the blame lies. Adminstrators, who did not appropriatel support 'The Teacher', 'afraid' of the parents and student. Abomination of a school system--if there were justice in the world it would be under investigation and eligible for revocation of certification. Students--fresh from the pit.

Such a miscarriage of justice that it should be featured on every network that covers 'Teaching--What is Wrong With the Teachers'.

~~~~
That is neither here nor there. If you can teach--you learn quickly not to expect anything but criticism and foolishness --of all kinds.

Thank goodness i stopped before I got a PhD--'Piled Higher and Deeper'.

~~~~
I can contact the Ticket to Work program ---I haven't known what to tell the person in charge of placement 'What, If Anything I Could Do'.

--I am no longer certified by my state. Didn't feel inclined to do what was needed to retain certification. Why bother--if the sort of incompetence that I experienced is all that I can expect from a state certified school system?

--I taught English--and taught it well --every which way it could be taught.

--I obtained the certification to teach 'ESOL' --English Speakers of Other Languages

--I taught everything really--elementary--we are certified to teach everything--as needed. Ridiculous of course---who could be an expert in every grade from Kindergarten to 8th grade, but my friends, that is the system we have in this nation. Absurd--impossible--that is why it doesn't seem to working that well.

--I have been a paralegal, delivered phone books, worked retail and done a lot of temp work.

--I have basic computer skills--Dell/Windows 7

--For 4/5 years I have been 'relocating' those who wish to live in metro Atlanta. I know this town--lived here all my life--half a century and more. No problem to me to find the right place for anyone who wishes to live here.

--Possibly I could work with a realtor--if said realtor wasn't 'anal and insane'--and didn't expect the ultimate in technical skills.

--Those are my choices--tell the person at Ticket to Work to help me explore --alternative teaching options or tell the person that I would be interested in Real Estate---not to get a Real Estate license--I just couldn't do all of That--not a perky sort--nothing like Annette Bening in 'American Beauty'--a lot like Annette Bening in Bugsy, American President and a few other films.

Yes, I think I have had a moment of Divine Inspiration.

I have been working with a pastoral counselor who reminds me of 'The Archbishop of Canterbury' or possibly a member of the Woodstock generation who would do almost anything to further his mission. LOL---Multi faceted sort--it is hard to define him. We are a pair this minister and I---perfectly matched as only a very Knowing Higher Power might find interesting.

I am certain he is loling-thinking of how cleverly he communicated with me.

He has a small white dog--I have a small white dog. He likes all kinds of music--as do I. His office--I could have designed it myself. I could go on.

This was no mere 'accident'---all 'H' had been unleashed upon me--much of it from the government, a great deal from the inferior and incompetent type of healthcare that is available--pay as much as you can and get nothing that is really appropriate--that is what is wrong with the healthcare system. It should not be handled by corporations. Through Amazing Grace I was able to find better--much better. Others are not so fortunate.

Criminal, criminal, criminal--what is going on in this nation and why people can't 'Get Back to Work' and take care of themselves.

Your thoughts?

Any and all welcome.

I tell you----I worked retail through college, received some help--grants for additional training in my field and did everything possible to meet the challenges that have always faced public education.

To have a student lie --didn't like a grade and be written up on 12 different violations of professional standards--she had the honor council to verify that I 'hit her'--pushed her down the trailer steps. I did not. Didn't matter---The Board said--'Hit the Road'. I had an attorney from a professional organization. Never joined a union, fwiw.

It took 'some time' to repair that sort of deep disillusionment--that is all I will say.

My mother is on a fixed income---meager retirement--worked as a secretary for a university all her life. The house is falling down and still we do what we can.

Thankfully, I live in a community near a university that is well known for progressive thinking. Atlanta, GA is what it is because of this school.

Civil Rights--Diversity---Progressive thinking in every field. I grew up minutes from this university-- and believe me God knew well what he was doing. An absolute 'miracle' to have been exposed to the highest ideals throughout my life.

My 'Briarpatch'--I am 'Brer Fox'--i will ramble through the briars and come out Laughin' and Scratchin' one way or another.

As God is My Witness.

Scarlett O'Hara/GWTW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 12:32 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,689,231 times
idk,mabe a career forum would be a better place to ask.gl.

Old 06-12-2011, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
idk,mabe a career forum would be a better place to ask.gl.
look--if you know 1 thing about any sort of Faith--then this concept should not be difficult for you..

Moderator cut: edit

Simple enough--teach creative writing and write a book. Maybe do some sort of part-time work for a realtor.

God works in mysterious ways. He was quick today.

for that I am grateful.

Last edited by june 7th; 06-12-2011 at 11:48 AM..

Old 06-12-2011, 05:14 AM

9,688 posts, read 10,008,103 times
Start by forgiving all those people who wronged you to the Lord Jesus and then Plead the Blood of Jesus Judgment of all these issues and caste these burdens to the Lord and let it go to Him for His Judgment ...... Sow a seed to Jesus in His Work where People do pray , for a point of Contact to Jesus believing money will come to sow more seeds to give , Give what you have no matter how small Jesus sees your heart and patience , and has promised to give his charity when You give yours ..... Pray that You have called me to be there , prepare a plan were you need me , and believe in His plan..........

Old 06-12-2011, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Start by forgiving all those people who wronged you to the Lord Jesus and then Plead the Blood of Jesus Judgment of all these issues and caste these burdens to the Lord and let it go to Him for His Judgment ...... Sow a seed to Jesus in His Work where People do pray , for a point of Contact to Jesus believing money will come to sow more seeds to give , Give what you have no matter how small Jesus sees your heart and patience , and has promised to give his charity when You give yours ..... Pray that You have called me to be there , prepare a plan were you need me , and believe in His plan..........
weel--thanks anyway.

that was really nothing.

my quesstion had to do with the future and I am now clear about what I will do.

if you had ever known Frank Harrington you would understand how my Faith works---just ask and He answers one way or the other.

Here's one of Frank's sermons>>>

Moral Drift From The Peachtree Presbyterian Pulpit

I could listen to him forever. Absolutely wonderful in every way.

He worked with the Mayor of Atlanta, Ivan Allen during the days of desegregation---'A City Too Busy To Hate'-I wouldn't be surprised if he thought of that himself. Sounds like something he would say.

His skill as a communicator---you'd just have to have been there to understand. You never wanted to miss a single word.

'Others have called you servant, but I have called you friend...'

His benediction started that way every Sunday. He walked down the aisle waving to the congregation. Not a care in the world and he was sr minister of the largest Presbyterian church of the US.

what a guy.

Old 06-12-2011, 07:47 AM

723 posts, read 1,045,667 times
MATTHEW 21:22
And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

JOHN 16:24
Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

GOOD LUCK &
GOD BLESS!!!
DALE

Old 06-12-2011, 09:37 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Someone asks for help and all you offer are time worn meaningless platitudes. Really

Old 06-12-2011, 02:35 PM

9,688 posts, read 10,008,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Someone asks for help and all you offer are time worn meaningless platitudes. Really
Jesus love you no matter how you reject him God does give Good gifts ....

Old 06-13-2011, 08:06 AM

123 posts, read 245,560 times
If you were an ESL teacher and can be general ed teacher, why not try private schools. Or if you are up for it, teach in a university or community college's ESL center. I am sure GaTech has an ESL center or any of the other nearby universities.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:22 AM

41,940 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Don't try to become a writer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment