Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2011, 07:29 AM

433 posts, read 1,369,282 times

Advertisements

This is my second week of an, I believe, 3 week probation of my job at the dollar store. I have to run the cash register as well as placing the products on the shelf that are running out. I have to be really fast at this job and they'll fire me if I don't become fast enough. It's getting me pretty nervous.

It's been twice that there was money missing in the cash register after 2 of my shifts, after they were done counting. I don't remember how much was missing the first time, but the second time (2 days ago) there was $1.09 missing. They told me that this couldn't keep happening. I decided to start watching closely the change I give to the clients, which ends up in me being a little slower, but it did result in no money missing.

I also have to stock the shelves with the products that are starting to run out on that shelf. I gotta be fast at that because I start working on this task when it's less busy at the cash registers and there's only 1 cashier needed. They call me back at the cash quite often.

So far, I've applied for 2 other jobs while I've been working here. I passed by a grocery store this weekend and there was a sign up saying they're looking for a produce clerk. I might drop by tomorrow and apply for the job. I assume I shouldn't tell them about the job I have now, or won't have anymore if they throw me out.

Do you guys have any advice or opinions? I'm working as hard as I can at this job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 07:40 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,704,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlquebec102 View Post
the second time (2 days ago) there was $1.09 missing.
Next time, take $5 or $10 rather than a measly $1.09.

Old 06-29-2011, 07:46 AM

1,446 posts, read 3,549,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charles View Post
next time, take $5 or $10 rather than a measly $1.09.

. . . . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment