Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 05:31 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,523,159 times

Advertisements

I wish I had 4 jobs right now!!! Hell.....It takes a lot of energy and I can only admire that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 06:34 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,690,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Well see how long it last before she gets on Facebook and says-"I had to eliminate one of my jobs because I was burned out"

And you'll be rolling all over the place with glee. What a prince.

She at work now-lol
That's right, Grasshopper. She's at work doing something constructive while your fat butt is as usual parked on the couch watching the game while your belly stuffed with take-out wings hangs over your boxers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
That's her business. Let her try. If it's too much, she'll reduce her hours. Why do you even care?
He's such an inept fool himself that on the rare occasions when he can find someone he thinks is below him he uses their situation to bolster his own inadequacies, never realizing that all he's doing is making a fool out of himself. When HE was unemployed it was a whole different story and the whining was incessant. He doesn't realize that karma is a biotch!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique13 View Post
I wish I had 4 jobs right now!!! Hell.....It takes a lot of energy and I can only admire that.
A very high percentage of the population here where I live holds at least two jobs. One man I've known for well over a quarter century isn't unusual. By day he's a longshoreman and works a minimum 40 hour a week job which he's been doing for well over 30 years with the same company. Nights and weekends he operates his own taxi van. He's slowly building his house, living on the first floor while the second floor is completed as money flow permits. He married later in life and his two young girls will soon be done with high school and then will go on to college stateside, something he's been saving for for years.

When I have people like this around me and know so many others similarly working long hours to not just get by but better themselves, TVSG's crass comments irritate the bejasus out of me. Such a pompous big ass who's never lifted a hand towards or had a kindly word to say to anyone who's busting their chops. He just thinks their lot is funny. And he's the one who has to create a whole thread about whether to use up his savings or buy on his one credit card a measly television set. Good grief. I guess my day's rant is over early today!!!!

Old 07-11-2011, 10:44 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Nothing wrong with it as long as you don't BRAG about it. Working a 100 hours a week is nothing to brag about
Soooo, because she mentioned it on Facebook, which is a website for people to mention things about their life, she's 'bragging' about it?

I hate when people post daily blogs about the color of their baby's poo, but I just ignore it and move right along. Why can't you do the same?

Old 07-11-2011, 01:12 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,480,960 times
I feel bad for her. I would draw a line between making more money or spending time with family. If you need 4 jobs to barley get by, you are clearly living too large. I mean, even when my husband and I were deep in debt and only made 30k a year combined, we still were able to make it on one job each. If we were to work a second job we would have extra money to pay off some debt. If you need 4 jobs to just make it, then I wonder were your money really goes to?

Old 07-11-2011, 03:20 PM

29,815 posts, read 24,898,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
And he's the one who has to create a whole thread about whether to use up his savings or buy on his one credit card a measly television set. Good grief.
Wait, TV&SG would have to use his entire savings to buy one TV set??? I hope he saved the box in case he has to live in it one day... No wonder everyone came out of the woodwork to bash this guy

Old 07-11-2011, 04:37 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,134,517 times
I have 3 jobs and am proud of it!

Old 07-11-2011, 05:31 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I have 3 jobs and am proud of it!
Time to cutback

Old 07-11-2011, 05:33 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,134,517 times
Quote:
Time to cutback
On what? And Why?

Old 07-11-2011, 05:38 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Quote:
This woman I know is on facebook bragging about having 4 jobs and she is so glad to be working after being laid off in April. She works the over night shift 12am to 8pm and then works during the day starting at 11am. And the two she makes her own schedule.

Why is wrong with people?-lol
There is nothing wrong with wanting to excel and succeed. She is pushing it to the limit and risking getting burned out and exhaustion, but since I don't know her personally, I cannot comment on whether this is a good idea or not.

I work 12 hours a day 6 days a week and 7 hours on the 7th day. It's hard but very rewarding. Someday I'll have a nice little nest egg built up and I can sit back and watch the grass grow. Sacrificing now, for a better life down the road.

Maybe she feels the same way.

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-11-2011, 05:42 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
On what? And Why?
Because you are working 3 jobs for a reason. Living beyond your means?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment