U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 04:12 PM

13,814 posts, read 15,899,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albuquerque101 View Post
Are you kidding me? I would not want to work with the smell and noise of other people's pets, not to mention that I (and many other people) are allergic to cats and dogs. Just a bad idea all around.
Here with about 600 people there are already issues with "fragrance free" cubes and allergies requiring special desk air filtration. Bringing in anything other than maybe a golfish will create a lot of problems. Peopel who go to an animal hospital or pet store are expecting to encounter animals, so they should be able to bring in pets, but not offices unless small and all employees agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 08:10 PM

892 posts, read 662,469 times
I don't mind as long as the owners clean up after them, where I work we get the prissy-snot female employees bring their mutts into work and crap on the lawns and expect the groundskeeper to pick it up and I feel bad for the guy...

Because that used to be my job.

Old 07-13-2011, 08:53 PM

830 posts, read 738,320 times
I think it would tie in well with casual Friday. And even though I'm a cat person, I would prefer a dogs-only policy.

I recently had a coworker who brought her dog in after his vet appt just for a few hours. She asked every individual the day before if it would be okay (thereby addressing allergies). He was a friendly, retired therapy dog and he brightened everyone's day.

And while I understand that someone might not want to own a dog, quite frankly I don't trust people that can't even tolerate a well-behaved dog (outside of allergies, of course).

Old 07-13-2011, 10:59 PM
HDL

2,743 posts, read 3,752,100 times
Cool Where do I apply???

I'd love to work at a place with dogs there (other than the pound or pet store ) and if people who didn't like pets did not apply or get on, that would just be icing on the cake for me - lol !!!

p.s.
I'd even bring my vacuum to work for the pet hairs, pick up poo and dust/clean up after my dog - same as I do at home !

Last edited by HDL; 07-13-2011 at 11:08 PM..

Old 07-14-2011, 12:01 AM

8,525 posts, read 7,888,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
I'd love to work at a place with dogs there (other than the pound or pet store ) and if people who didn't like pets did not apply or get on, that would just be icing on the cake for me - lol !!!

p.s.
I'd even bring my vacuum to work for the pet hairs, pick up poo and dust/clean up after my dog - same as I do at home !
Well when you're cleaning up all day, when are you going to sit down and get some work done?

Old 07-14-2011, 12:06 AM

8,525 posts, read 7,888,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alley01 View Post
Do you have a dog? A dog owner would be a lot better than a smoker. I have co-workers that take smoke breaks nearly every hour! My dogs poop three times a day - when they wake up, when we get home and before they go to bed. I think that is the case with most dogs so added breaks would not be necessary. Frankly they sleep all day when I work from home. I guarantee that the people who brought their dog to work would be your most responsible pet owners. I would expect the option to be an earned privilege not something just anyone could participate with. One strike and no more bringing your pet to work.
I don't need to know your dogs poop schedule.

No! I'd never own any kind of animals. I have no desire to clean up after anyone nor anything.
Why would I want to clean up P**S and S**T? I don't want dog hair finding it's way to my office.

I'll bet you'd be the main person bringing your dog in on rainy days--Shacking all over the office. No way. Keep your dog's in the kennel where they belong.

Would you let them intro the break room too?

If I catch your dog roaming in the halls, Its going to the pound. That's my final answer.............Try Me!

WARNING:NO DOGS ALLOWED IN THE OFFICE!
Ron-The dog catcher.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:23 AM

3,879 posts, read 2,131,992 times
The law firm up the street from the one where I used to work had a resident cat - he belonged to the attorney who owned the practice. I'd deliver documents or letters to this office daily on my mail run, and always took time to pet him. You could find him stretched out with his tail twitching on the receptionist's desk or conference table, or dozing in the "IN" basket with his feet tucked under him, or on cold days, he'd be sacked out on the copier, because it was warm.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:52 AM

636 posts, read 1,005,616 times
I love dogs, I love my dogs more than anything, and in a job search I would target a place that allowed them. If you don't like them, don't target a job that allows it. If the place is already established, I'd say the idea of bringing dogs to work with an established staff is going to go over like a lead balloon.

HOWEVER, I'll tell you what - you leave your kids home and I'll leave my dogs home. I see more feral kids running around during summer break at my office than should be legal!!!

Old 07-14-2011, 09:09 AM

5,126 posts, read 6,876,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Well when you're cleaning up all day, when are you going to sit down and get some work done?
Some dog breeds are very low maintenance and don't require hardly any cleanup. I have a hypo allergenic dog breed that doesn't shed. There is no dog hair to pick up and he is trained to relieve himself only in certain areas.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:11 AM

5,126 posts, read 6,876,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DogNight View Post
HOWEVER, I'll tell you what - you leave your kids home and I'll leave my dogs home. I see more feral kids running around during summer break at my office than should be legal!!!
Oh yes! We don't have dogs here at work but lots of kids coming through that are related to my co-workers. Babies, toddlers, older kids, you name it!
Then at my hubby's work, someone brought in their kids and one child even took a toy gun my hubby had at his desk for a prop. They smeared crayon on some desks. It was a mess!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment