Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 04:58 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,659,779 times

Advertisements

Kevdawwg thinks he needs to lose weight before making inquiries at a military recruitment office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2012, 10:53 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,565,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
I guess that employers are choosing non english speaking (maybe some that speak basic english) hispanic illegals over me.

Trust me. I visit Wal-Mart, McDonalds, etc. and see the kind of people that works there. I am an American citizen with a high school diploma, and they end up rejecting me. This is bu11$h!t.
That happens a lot where I live. Employers are allowed to discriminate against American citizens by requiring native-Spanish language fluency, even in jobs like mechanics where language skills aren't even important.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:31 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,732,762 times
I also want to work at the car factories in Michigan manufacturing american made cars. Anyone living in Michigan please let me know how that industry is gong?

Old 02-07-2012, 09:02 PM

1,128 posts, read 3,476,567 times
Quote:
I also want to work at the car factories in Michigan manufacturing american made cars. Anyone living in Michigan please let me know how that industry is gong?
Only move here if you have experience in the auto industry. An entry level auto position with no experience required would be an almost impossible job to get out of state.

It seems like you're just kind of pulling jobs out of a hat. Find something you're really passionate about and pursue it.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:04 PM

1,128 posts, read 3,476,567 times
Quote:
Trust me. I visit Wal-Mart, McDonalds, etc. and see the kind of people that works there. I am an American citizen with a high school diploma, and they end up rejecting me. This is bu11$h!t.
You think a high school diploma holds any weight in an economy where people with college degrees are accepting any lowly job they can get?

Old 02-07-2012, 09:20 PM

97 posts, read 320,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolSocks View Post
You think a high school diploma holds any weight in an economy where people with college degrees are accepting any lowly job they can get?
The bright side is at least with just a high school diploma there's no upcoming student loan payments. Plus no one can say you're "overqualified." And it's most definitely an outrage when an ILLEGAL immigrant, sometimes with LESS than a high school diploma gets a job over an American with one.

Old 02-07-2012, 10:54 PM

495 posts, read 683,440 times
Why do you people feed this troll.This idiot would last only a week in college and only a DAY in the military, so please don't try either of them Kevdawwwwg.You might fit in at Job Corps.Its a bunch of getto thug kids that don't want to learn anything and only want waste the tax payers money.You sound like a life long dishwasher.So start washing idiot.

Old 02-07-2012, 11:47 PM

1,077 posts, read 3,229,842 times
Come on guys, are you that gullible? This guy has been feeding this thread since July lol, if he was really having problems, he wouldn't be keeping this thread alive the last 9 months.

Old 02-08-2012, 02:29 AM

884 posts, read 1,169,265 times
Quote:
If there was anyone left who thought you were serious i'd imagine this post would confirm you were just messing with us.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:35 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,732,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
I just looked up Job Corps. They have an office *in Reno*.
OP would have to take the ASVAB ?) test for the military, and would have to do well enough to be considered. Sounds like that might be an issue. I've read all the good suggestions and do agree that Job Corps is the only best way to go- nothing to lose, everything to gain.
I know there's a Job Corp office here in Reno. It's in Stead, and Stead is a ghetto area filled with thugs. (I've been through Stead before for the air races, and trust me. It's not a good area). I guess I'll have to bust out an ASVAB study guide, and review it. (I could possibly get one from my library).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment