Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you give an honest opinion to your CEO about problems in the Company?
Heck no!!! 11 20.00%
Maybe 4 7.27%
Yes, but only on certain things 26 47.27%
Yes, I would tell them in detail all the problems with the company. 13 23.64%
Not Sure 0 0%
Other. 1 1.82%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 03:42 PM

3,982 posts, read 10,458,258 times

Advertisements

And said s/he wanted your completely honest opinions of everything wrong in the company, would you give them?

I was re-reading an old Dilbert when this occurred to me...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 03:45 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,328,014 times
Well, since our CEO is one of our partners we elected to the position, I'd be perfectly honest with him. But frankly, I think he does an amazing job.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Well, since our CEO is one of our partners we elected to the position, I'd be perfectly honest with him. But frankly, I think he does an amazing job.
I had a feeling these answers would pop up.

This is kinda more designed for a massive company where the employee is a nameless cog in sector 7G.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:49 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,328,014 times
Yeah...I think my wife would have a few choice words for her management.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:55 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,672,346 times
Our Corporate Director (CEO) visits every year and sits wth each employee privately to talk about the company. Each of us are shareholders and the sucess of the company is our sucess. Nine times out of ten we have nothing to say because the company's sucess is an upside down pyrimid where the lowest employess are viewed as the most important and the culture is to openly work to improve the company. Most time when I sit with the CD on the anuual visit, we talk about new and inventive ideas or how well a past idea has improved things. Seldom is there any problem because its been fixed once its brought to the company's attention.

Old 08-02-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
Our Corporate Director (CEO) visits every year and sits wth each employee privately to talk about the company. Each of us are shareholders and the sucess of the company is our sucess. Nine times out of ten we have nothing to say because the company's sucess is an upside down pyrimid where the lowest employess are viewed as the most important and the culture is to openly work to improve the company. Most time when I sit with the CD on the anuual visit, we talk about new and inventive ideas or how well a past idea has improved things. Seldom is there any problem because its been fixed once its brought to the company's attention.
You work for a very rare company!

Old 08-02-2011, 05:32 PM

41,938 posts, read 75,137,295 times
I don't trust our executive director any farther than I can throw him. And he's an old, skinny guy; I could probably toss him a fair piece.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:49 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
Even though I enjoy where I work, can you hook me up at your company? DM me for contact information Companies like this are VERY, VERY RARE. Stay for as long as possible.

Old 08-03-2011, 12:24 PM

6,589 posts, read 11,274,888 times
The thing to understand is that CEO's are visionaries/strategists - not the person who deals with everyday issues. So the key is to understand how to talk to them.

Its easier to get their attention if you bring up an issue and explain how it impacts the organization. And even better if you can provide a solution (in essence, you're just asking for the power to carry it out). However, more often than not, you get people that just moan and b*&%h all day.

On the other side of the coin though.... you also need to know your CEO and his/her management team. Some CEO's are very good listeners... but at the end of the day, he/she will still delegate that task to one of his VPs. How receptive are those on the management team? Some will say they want to listen... but often will fall on deaf ears.

Honestly though - I think the better companies out there don't even need to have special feedback sessions. Because communication/feedback would already exist and issues are typically identified and resolved. Just my .02 of course based on my experience.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:02 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,328,356 times
Levels of an organization

Front line employees: Job description and duties as assigned.

Supervisors: Make sure that front line employees are getting their jobs done.

Lower Management, including Managers, Directors: Provide resourses for work to get done. Manage the sand box we all play in.

VP: Manage the cost of running the sand box we all play in. Cut costs and expenses.

President: Watch over the entire sandbox to make sure all parts are working as they should. Give balance to those that need more to those that want to save more. Make sure that the money is there to run the sand box.

CEO: Build a bigger sand box.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment