Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 07:46 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,359,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
It's the grunting that can get noisy

Not that I grunt though ... I'm usually more dainty when I go ... You know ... Silent but deadly
LOL! I forgot about grunting. See to me grunt noises are about as intimate and person as O-faces or sexual noises.

Not something to share with the general public. Eeeks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2011, 09:52 AM

104 posts, read 410,985 times
I kind of forgot another place I worked at. I worked at a Lockheed facility in SW Denver (Littleton) and one building lobby had this big wood monolith. Behind it was some hidden bathrooms and it was a very quiet and private one at that. Also the executives didn't sit too far from there.

One time, I needed to go badly and was coming back so I ducked into the bathroom. While I was on the toilet, I heard the door open, something muttered and then the person left. About a few minutes later, I was finished and when I walked out, some "suit" was giving me the nastiest look. He made some comment that the bathroom was reserved for visitor and executive usage only. I mentioned there no sign indicating and he mentioned that if the bathroom is not marked with signs, it is not meant for common employee usage. Also in front of the building, many of the parking spaces were reserved either for visitor or executives only as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
At my last internship we had a bathroom with five stalls and then an executive bathroom. Well, the executive who the bathroom was for left and the bathroom turned into a bathroom for everyone. Let's just say many people used it for privacy.

[ SNIP ]

Old 08-04-2011, 10:50 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,850,957 times
Angry DOOing the needed thing when it's DOOing time

When on a major airlines flight from LAX to Mexico City I was in coach close to 1st Class and nature was calling me. Instead of walking to the rear of the plane went into 1st class.

A flight officier stopped me and said the restroom was for the 1st class passengers but for now go ahead. I turned my head looking to the rear of the plane and thought "do I have to go to the rear of the bus".

Needless to say I NEVER flew that airlines again.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:11 AM

193 posts, read 540,049 times
I work in a very large hospital and we have one bathroom (one stall) for 30 people. You can bet your life that when it's finally your turn the place will be a disaster. How on earth paper towels get shredded, scattered throughout the bathroom and even shoved down the sink drain.... I will just never know. Not to mention the various liquids on the toilet seat and floor. And how does soap end up across the room nowhere near the sink??

Old 08-04-2011, 11:40 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,197,412 times
Default Here's an appropriate "forward" I received ...

The other stall:

Traveling down the interstate and needing to use the restroom, I stopped at a rest area and headed to the restroom.

"Hi, how are you?"

I'm not the type to start a conversation in the restroom and I don't know what got into me,
But I answered, somewhat embarrassed,
"Doin' just fine!"

And the other person says:
"So what are you up to?"

What kind of question is that? At that point, I'm thinking this is too bizarre so I say:
"Uhhh, I'm like you, just traveling!" ??

At this point I am just trying to get out as fast as I can when I hear another question.

"Can I come over?"

Ok, this question is just too weird for me but I figured I could just be polite and end the conversation. I tell them:
"No..I'm a little busy right now!!!"

Then I hear the person say nervously...
"Listen, I'll have to call you back. There's an idiot in the other stall who keeps answering all my questions!"

Old 08-04-2011, 11:41 AM

977 posts, read 1,810,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coredneck View Post

One time, I needed to go badly and was coming back so I ducked into the bathroom. While I was on the toilet, I heard the door open, something muttered and then the person left. About a few minutes later, I was finished and when I walked out, some "suit" was giving me the nastiest look. He made some comment that the bathroom was reserved for visitor and executive usage only.
Good for you! And people wonder why many of us can't stand executive management.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:01 PM

93 posts, read 334,098 times
LOL this thread is hilarious! My ex bf works in retail and he would drive home (20 mins each way) to take care of business and drive back to work. He can't do it public because he likes to take off his pants etc when he goes. Anyways, I'm the opposite. If you got to go you gotta go! At work, I notice the restroom is used less around 10ish and of course lunch time so I try to go around those times.

Old 08-04-2011, 02:12 PM

9,341 posts, read 20,687,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
i was working at a major fortune 500 company and there was an incident were a disgruntled employee started sh*tting on the floor in the bathroom, then it led to smearing sh*t on bathroom walls and mirrors. this was in the womans restroom. women were absolutely horrified
I was reading this thread and this post literally stopped me dead in my tracks.

If I might be allowed a small pun, "holy sh*t!!!"

The human mind is certainly a most fragile instrument, isn't it?

Old 08-04-2011, 02:52 PM

17,574 posts, read 45,999,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I'm sorry but I just don't understand how guys can just casually use the urinals out in the open with other guys around ...
I'm completely the opposite. I can't understand why anyone has issues using a public restroom. Go in. Do your business. Get out.

Old 08-04-2011, 03:23 PM

6,066 posts, read 14,998,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
i was working at a major fortune 500 company and there was an incident were a disgruntled employee started sh*tting on the floor in the bathroom, then it led to smearing sh*t on bathroom walls and mirrors. this was in the womans restroom. women were absolutely horrified
Anybody ever seen the TV series with Toni Collette and John Corbett called United States of Tara? It was a good show, until they cancelled it (boo!!) ... but this smearing poo in public restrooms thing sounds like something "Gimme" from that show would do...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment