Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 09:53 AM

191 posts, read 356,234 times

Advertisements

Just ran into the office co worker that everyone has had issues with, no one likes her and she doesn't seem to care?! She is in charge of the office today so she has all the power. Please someone help me! Most of my other co workers called out today, maybe I am the only one who didn’t get the memo... but now I have to deal with her all day, just great . She is intelligent and knows when to "strike"! She was walking over and I saw her, then out of nowhere a co worker came over with a group of other co workers and gave me a amazing compliment, how hard of a worker I am and great it is to work with as she sits there looking at me and the co worker. Then they leave and it’s me and her .....she asks me a question I answer nicely, she then proceeds to say in her soft Jamaican accent that "that’s not what I asked you" I looked puzzled because i did answer her question so I answer her again....same answer as last time?? She then says “That’s all I needed to know" and walks off? HELP ME! This women is strategic and speaks softly when she is rude so no one else’s hears her, then she isn’t rude all the time just 90% of it (lied all the time lol) so sometimes I have my guard down. Usually I can professionally tell someone off easily and make them look unintelligent and walk off , but she has one upped me per say and as I write this I want to key her BMW Z4 lol! But alas I’m just venting and maybe will break a pencil of hers lol because I’m not a mean person....thought i am passive agreesive so she better be careful lol just kidding. My co workers have already told me good luck and it was going to be a long day, I laughed and told them I hate them so much today and do lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2011, 10:50 AM

2,687 posts, read 7,389,949 times
Talking Play her game...

When she speaks to you again...lean close to her and look her in the eys and
whisper...'go away'...
K

Old 08-08-2011, 11:18 AM

lol i never thought of that! She has came by again but for envelopes she played nice, but if she "strikes" again i'll be ready!

Old 08-08-2011, 02:16 PM

14,229 posts, read 29,938,437 times
ORRRR.... I'm sorry, I have a hard time understanding your accent and you speak so quietly. Would you mind sending me an email?

Then you have it in writing.

Last edited by yellowsnow; 08-08-2011 at 02:16 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 08-08-2011, 03:41 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,126,122 times
Mean people suck - I think she may just be yanking your chain - The above suggestions are good - But here is one more the next time she asks you the questions twice again on the second time say to her I have already answered that question I think thats all you need to know - Good luck with such a witch

Old 08-08-2011, 07:07 PM

4,796 posts, read 22,856,006 times
Put down the emoticons, and back away slowly.

Now, it's just one day. Surely you can survive one day.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:14 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,243,860 times
Been there, done it...best day of my life was when I told the snake I was leaving....

Old 08-09-2011, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
ORRRR.... I'm sorry, I have a hard time understanding your accent and you speak so quietly. Would you mind sending me an email?

Then you have it in writing.

Excellent idea! She can't try and get out of that one beacause she does have a thick accent, and has no problem telling others "im from the islands, oh yes im from the islands" over and over again when she gets angry! lol!

Old 08-09-2011, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodaka View Post
Put down the emoticons, and back away slowly.

Now, it's just one day. Surely you can survive one day.

I agree with you on the emotion part, but it’s hard when someone is constantly rude to you for no apparent reason! It makes you wonder what you’re doing for that person to be rude, then once you analyze the situation and see your doing nothing you get angry. She has one or two friends in an office full of 30 people? I don’t get it how can she not care that she is not liked? So though she is boss for one day (which THANK GOODNESS is over) I still have to work with her and occasionally ask her for assistance etc. my job is moving its central location so we all work closer together with each other more than ever, and she isn’t playing any nicer . I will take your advice to heart and trust me I will try my hardest to remove my emotions from anything involving her but some emotions are just human nature I feel.

Old 08-09-2011, 04:44 AM

If only i could be so lucky to do that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment