Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2011, 09:39 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times

Advertisements

TVSG, how come you're not working today?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Wow! you training people how to keep jobs............ that's disturbing
And now he's finding jobs for people who were laid off. Interesting how these state-funded agencies work ...

Old 09-29-2011, 10:40 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
What type of incentives do employers get in exchange for hiring clients referred from your agency?

Old 09-29-2011, 11:51 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
I used to contract with agencies like this, job coaches, to help find people who just can't get it together to look for work, usually long term drug addicts, who were clean, but messed up, or people on welfare to work program, or people in voc rehab, marginally mentally retarded, but able to maintain employment once a job was found, by a job developer, and maintain employment using a job coach for training...and I expected results for my money. No results, no more money.

Usually the workers there were about one step away from being my clients...

Last edited by jasper12; 09-29-2011 at 11:53 AM.. Reason: edit.

Old 09-29-2011, 12:06 PM

2,279 posts, read 3,973,239 times
I just come to the TVSG threads for the entertainment.

Old 09-29-2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
What type of incentives do employers get in exchange for hiring clients referred from your agency?
I have the answer but it certainly would be interesting to see what TVSG's response will be.

He says, "UC is not something discussed at the office, just employment" and, "The last company trained clients on how to keep jobs. We found them jobs too but it wasn't the main focus. At this job the only goal is to find them jobs and that's it" This from a 36 year old allegedly professional employment counselor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Usually the workers there were about one step away from being my clients...
Very sad, isn't it.

Old 09-29-2011, 12:48 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,254 times
TVSG is not at work today.... Wonder what's going on..

Old 09-29-2011, 12:55 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,704,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3N1TH 0N3 View Post
I just come to the TVSG threads for the entertainment.
You know, I came in here to say EXACTLY this. Guaranteed 10 pages of amusement....

Old 09-29-2011, 01:05 PM

45,374 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
TVSG is not at work today.... Wonder what's going on..

We're off for Rosh Hoshana, possibly the NGO's in Philadelphia follow that if the city government is off.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:10 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I cannot believe this mess I have walked into and now I'm stuck because if I quit i can;t get back on unemployment. The job continues to get worst every week and I think I will purposely get myself fired before the end of the year. On top of not receiving any training on how this company operates, someone was fired last Friday and now they are trying to fill that position. I see certain staff walking around saying-"i'm overwhelmed" during the day which is not something a new staff member should see during the first two weeks.

I accepted this job offer too fast because of watching so many stories on Fox News about unemployment and started to get nervous. Anyone else ever been in this situation?

Stuck like Chuck
I wasn't unemployed as much as self-employed, and someone made me an offer that seemed really good.

Three months later, I was fully self-employed again, having walked into an unholy mess. About a month into it, people started asking me how I was getting along with the boss. "You know, because he's kind of special."

Right. He was the biggest WHINER I had ever run into in 23 years in the workforce, he was sexist, he used foul language to describe women that I can't even share here without getting infracted, he gossiped and complained about everyone in the organization to everyone else, he'd spend two hours a day talking about his personal life and expect me to make up the time after hours, he got offended when I corrected typos in his work (I'm a writer/editor), and he had hygiene problems that included public nose-picking and booger-eating.

It was the most revolting experience I have ever had in the workplace, and it just made the fire in my belly that much stronger for NEVER having to deal with working for someone else again if there is any way I can avoid doing so.

/me throws up in mouth just thinking about it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment