Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 02:49 PM

3,631 posts, read 10,233,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Sometimes I see homeless people wearing sweaters and dark colored tights in the Summer, not gainfully employed people. It looks like one poor choice has to be covered up, by another poor choice. Most people in their right mind don't wear opaque tights in the Summer. Even nuns show a little leg.
Lol thanks for being unnecessarily rude. Would you have responded the same way is I said I was uncomfortable showing my arms and legs just because I feel self conscious due to a skin issue? Probably not. And don't even start with "it was your choice to get tattoos yadda yadda" I knew what I was getting into when I got my tattoos and am not ashamed to show them however I at least try to respect my office atmosphere by not showing them. No one has looked at me funny for wearing sweaters or dark tights.

Like I said previously you wouldnt know if you looked at me that I had tattoos - even if I was god forbid not showing off my arms and legs in summer time.

You guys are hilarious, great fodder for my silly Internet quote blog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 03:16 PM

5,020 posts, read 7,223,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Usually a person with a lot of tattoos is considered ghetto. I never met a professional person who had a lot of tattoos
You live in a vacuum. And you're ridiculously judgmental. Enjoy it while you can-the young folks with tattoos are going to be running things quite soon and they may take one look at your pasty, unadorned arms and think "Oh, it's one of THEM".

Old 10-02-2011, 03:33 PM

386 posts, read 1,052,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
You live in a vacuum. And you're ridiculously judgmental. Enjoy it while you can-the young folks with tattoos are going to be running things quite soon and they may take one look at your pasty, unadorned arms and think "Oh, it's one of THEM".
I'm not sure all the people with tattoos are going to be running things, I don't have any and I will eventually be a leader in society.

I'm not against having tattoos if they are covered up in normal working atire, I would never get one, and I think it says a lot about a person who does get one, but as long as I don't see them on an every day basis, you can do what you want with your body, just don't be obnoxious about it.

Old 10-02-2011, 04:46 PM

753 posts, read 1,482,292 times
No. A person who engages in "ghetto" behavior (however you define that) is considered ghetto. I'm not a tattoo person at all (prefer piercings myself) but I have known LOTS of professionals with tattoos-IT people, teachers, scientists, etc. If what you said is true, you really, really need to get out more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Usually a person with a lot of tattoos is considered ghetto. I never met a professional person who had a lot of tattoos

Old 10-02-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parttimetechie View Post
I'm not sure all the people with tattoos are going to be running things, I don't have any and I will eventually be a leader in society.

I'm not against having tattoos if they are covered up in normal working atire, I would never get one, and I think it says a lot about a person who does get one, but as long as I don't see them on an every day basis, you can do what you want with your body, just don't be obnoxious about it.
What does it "say" about a person? I'm just dying to know what you think I am!

Old 10-02-2011, 05:54 PM

4,709 posts, read 12,673,674 times
I'm thinking seriously about investing in a tat removal venture. I think that business will explode in the coming years and it would be nice to get in on the ground floor!

After these stupid "Ink" TV shows came out, millions of impressionable people got tattooed. I'm betting that a LOT of them will one day want the damned things burned off and will pay many times what the fool thing cost to put on. Ever seen a really old tatoo? They look TERRIBLE...so blurry you can't tell what they once were.

I have no tats....came close a few times in my youth many decades ago, but I just never was quite drunk enough (thank goodness!).

Old 10-02-2011, 06:23 PM

386 posts, read 1,052,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
What does it "say" about a person? I'm just dying to know what you think I am!
To me it shows me a person is willing to cause pain to themselves, usually for a rebellious purpose, either parents didn't want them to get it or they don't care about how they look or they have a bent on society that thinks they are better than the average person because they have a tattoo.

Not saying any or all of this is you, but this is just how I perceive people who have tattoos.

Old 10-02-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
To me it shows me a person is willing to cause pain to themselves, usually for a rebellious purpose, either parents didn't want them to get it or they don't care about how they look or they have a bent on society that thinks they are better than the average person because they have a tattoo.

Not saying any or all of this is you, but this is just how I perceive people who have tattoos.
I am none of those. You should try opening your mind.

Old 10-02-2011, 06:33 PM

3,739 posts, read 4,634,752 times
Quote:

I don't perceive tattoos that way. I don't have a problem with it either. I have never met a person that had a tattoo that thought they were better than others. Neither have I met anyone with a tattoo that was being rebellious. But in any event it is not my business what people choose to do with their bodies nor should I sit in judgement of it.

Old 10-02-2011, 06:49 PM

3,739 posts, read 4,634,752 times
Quote:
No one is saying ALL with tattoos will be running things, but there is always that chance that SOME of them will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment