Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 10:42 PM

162 posts, read 884,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
When you search the work-from-home directories online, there are aplenty and they all make promises that you know just wont turn out. What I'm wondering is, are there any legit opportunities out there that actualy come with a decent paycheck? I would consider a decent paycheck One that pays at least what you would make at minimum wage job part time or full.

So what's the verdict here, anyone actualy here of legitamte WFH jobs?
I worked from home for years and years. It's call telecommuting. A lot of companies are doing it now but it's position specific and you work for a company based out of your city and go in for meetings, training etc. I had a company computer/fax/internet/phone and paid for nothing out of pocket. Full benefits etc. I had to work in the office when they required me to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2011, 07:04 PM

3 posts, read 7,572 times
Default legit work from home job

would you please share the info on this job.

Last edited by Lsrucker; 12-11-2011 at 07:05 PM.. Reason: left out a word

Old 12-11-2011, 07:32 PM

412 posts, read 677,226 times
Who is that directed to?

Old 12-12-2011, 09:15 AM

1,914 posts, read 7,131,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bungle View Post
Dallas proper or are burbs acceptable?
Anywhere in the Metroplex is fine. My friends live in Mckinney and they work for them. They get free or reduced room rates at all Hilton brand/family hotels, set their own hours, etc.
They love it.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:17 AM

1,914 posts, read 7,131,105 times
Another one is Alpine Access. I worked for them years ago. Inbound customer service calls for a major office supply chain. $9 per hour, paid training. You are an actual employee and they direct deposit your check.

Old 12-12-2011, 03:07 PM

475 posts, read 647,031 times
Anyone know if New York Life is legit? Oh and do you have to pay for the training? Becoming an Agent : Seattle General Office

Old 03-19-2012, 11:19 AM

2 posts, read 19,557 times
esnox82 I would like to know more about the job opportunity that you mentioned.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:10 PM

1,148 posts, read 1,678,812 times
I work through elance.com. Some of the jobs on there are insanely low paying, but I just got one that pays decent. There is also odesk, that another poster mentioned. I have had trouble getting work through them. Another freelance site is guru.com. HSN hires customer service reps to work from home.

You might check out Work at Home Jobs: Free Legitimate Work From Home Job Opportunities. There are actual legit jobs on this site.

Old 09-18-2015, 06:06 AM

1 posts, read 487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esnox82 View Post
I became a part of one of the fastest growing home based businesses by chance. It actually intersected with my career and I couldn't be happier. A great opportunity to earn some extra cash. We joke that all you have to do is be able to press "play" on your dvd player and press "blend" on your blender. Oh yeah, and 12 of my friends are driving free BMW's. (I don't devote more than a few hours a month to it or I'd be cruising around in one of them too.)

So exactly which company do you work for and how would one get started?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment