Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 01:46 PM

12,108 posts, read 23,278,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katalin View Post
What about this question?

When a coworker breaks the rules, I typically:
Get very upset and say something to the person
Get very upset about it but say nothing
Get somewhat upset about it but "let it go"
As long as I am not affected, it doesn't bother me
I have no previous work experience
How about you truthfully answer the question and not ask strangers for answers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 02:05 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe from dayton View Post

That occurred to me, too. One question in anticipating potential questions in an interview is one thing. Asking everyone else to give you answers for an online form so you get an interview is something else. I won't be so mean as to say, "If you were qualified for the job you are seeking, you'd know which answer to select," but yeah.

Besides, it's not going to do any good to bluff through an online test. If you can't think on your feet for that, you probably won't get past the interview. If you do get past the interview, it won't take long for an observant supervisor to notice that you don't know what you're doing and fire you.

Old 12-29-2011, 02:56 PM

652 posts, read 1,276,186 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
That occurred to me, too. One question in anticipating potential questions in an interview is one thing. Asking everyone else to give you answers for an online form so you get an interview is something else. I won't be so mean as to say, "If you were qualified for the job you are seeking, you'd know which answer to select," but yeah.

Besides, it's not going to do any good to bluff through an online test. If you can't think on your feet for that, you probably won't get past the interview. If you do get past the interview, it won't take long for an observant supervisor to notice that you don't know what you're doing and fire you.

I answered them truthfully I just wanted to know if this is one of the tricky questions and If there is something behind it. Sometimes they ask you questions but they want you to answer with a different answer, that's all...

Old 12-29-2011, 03:02 PM

652 posts, read 1,276,186 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe from dayton View Post

I am not the only one asking questions on this board from strangers, this is a forum geees! and I saw somewhere here that there is a thread about tricky interview questions.

Last edited by katalin; 12-29-2011 at 03:16 PM..

Old 04-05-2012, 05:29 PM

1 posts, read 23,132 times
Default When a coworker breaks the rules, I typically:

The problem is that people aren't attempting to cheat; how they would really address the issue is not an available answer. So RELAX! Answer the question.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:54 PM

4,761 posts, read 14,287,094 times
You are best to answer these questions yourself and honestly. The reason is they ask the SAME questions (reworded and in different forms) multiple times.

So if you are not being truthful, it WILL be detected.

For example "When a coworker breaks the rules, I typically:" might be at the front of the test. Then towards the end of the test might be something like "When driving and late for work, it is ok to go faster than the speed limit: 5 mph, 10 mph, 15 mph, not ok to go over speed limit."

That second question has to do with following rules as well. So if you say you get upset at someone breaking the rules at work, but later say it is ok to go 15 mph over the speed limit (breaking a rule), that is inconsistent as to how you feel about following rules.

These tests can be quite sneaky!

Old 10-21-2014, 02:21 AM

1 posts, read 14,833 times
please some one help me to write my transription
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment