Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 11:09 AM

652 posts, read 1,271,183 times

Advertisements

What did you do to correct a situation when a customer/patient was not happy with the service you provided?

Any good ideas? thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 11:17 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,235,344 times
You ask them what you could do to satisfy them or keep their business and then, if it's not outrageous, you do it.

Old 12-29-2011, 11:29 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,526,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katalin View Post
What did you do to correct a situation when a customer/patient was not happy with the service you provided?

Any good ideas? thanks.
Is this because of a specific situation you have experienced or are you preparing for interview questions? Just curious.

Either way, I agree with what the Yzette said except that I would leave out the outrageous part if you are answering an interview question. I'd apologize to the customer that the service didn't meet their expectation, identify what the specific problem was and then do everything possible to remedy it.

Old 12-29-2011, 11:38 AM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Is this because of a specific situation you have experienced or are you preparing for interview questions? Just curious.

Either way, I agree with what the Yzette said except that I would leave out the outrageous part if you are answering an interview question. I'd apologize to the customer that the service didn't meet their expectation, identify what the specific problem was and then do everything possible to remedy it.
yes preparing for interview questions. thanks.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:25 PM

1,707 posts, read 6,197,533 times
Most employers want to hear how you would kiss the customer's a-- forever to solve their problem... no matter how ridiculous or unreasonable it is.

What you SHOULD do is offer to listen to their complaint and see if there is anything within reason that can be cone to make them happy. It's not always possible.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:28 PM

Default re

What about this question?

When a coworker breaks the rules, I typically:
Get very upset and say something to the person
Get very upset about it but say nothing
Get somewhat upset about it but "let it go"
As long as I am not affected, it doesn't bother me
I have no previous work experience

Old 12-29-2011, 12:42 PM

Default re

anybody has an answer to the above question? I am filling out a survey on line. Thanks.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:07 PM

2,279 posts, read 3,962,489 times
Quote:
anybody has an answer to the above question? I am filling out a survey on line. Thanks.
We don't know what you would do because we don't know you as a person. You should answer that how you would truthfully respond.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:37 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,235,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post

Quote:
yes preparing for interview questions. thanks.

Then I agree with BS13. Don't mention the outrageous part. I thought you meant in a real situation. Sometimes irate customers can be unrealistic. "I want a refund and I want a handwritten apology from you and I want an extra $1,000 or I am going to sue you because I HATE COLD COFFEE!"

However, as long as you are preparing for interview questions, you might want to think about how you would respond to that. "What if the customer is unreasonable?"

Answer: "I would resolve it to the best of my ability, in accordance with company policy, and if that doesn't work, I would consult my manager."

That protects, you, too, because it shows that you have the professionalism to assume that they have the professionalism to have a policy in place for situations like that.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:40 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,071,287 times
Ask them what it would take to make them happy. If it is outrageous, Then offer an alternate to that. Tell the interviewer that your work ethic makes sure the customer/client/guest walks away with a smile and happy. No exceptions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment