Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 12:11 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,968,123 times

Advertisements

I get the real reason and stated several times I wasn't surprised. It's why I'm happy I'm forced to start working elsewhere. Lots of the lifers told me to get out while I still could and now I understand why. Other lifers kept saying, "things aren't the way it use to be".

I was seriously considering quitting so I can travel Europe. With getting fired, I at least have a chance at getting unemployment.

Old 02-11-2012, 06:57 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,962,294 times
"I would wonder how the hell my employee had enough time to go to the gym that often without getting caught. I would wonder if anyone else does something like that too. I would fix the problem and discipline the employee. Firing me doesn't fix the problem"

News Flash: Firing = The Ultimate Disciplie. They have one fewer employee to pay, who is using paid time to go to the gym. As far as paying you for unproductive time, they solved that problem. Now learn from the mistake you made.

Old 02-11-2012, 08:36 PM

29 posts, read 45,794 times
Companies should not give you a warning when you are stealing, they should fire you on spot! And they did,

Old 02-11-2012, 09:34 PM

2,603 posts, read 5,017,960 times
How long were you officially allotted for lunch? If you were getting your work done and not wasting gas by driving off route, I don't really understand the problem. Plenty of people use their lunch breaks to go to the gym. Sounds like they really were after you.

Regardless, in most states you will definitely qualify for unemployment.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:39 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
I would wonder how the hell my employee had enough time to go to the gym that often without getting caught. I would wonder if anyone else does something like that too. I would fix the problem and discipline the employee. Firing me doesn't fix the problem, just covers it up.
It blows my mind how entitled you feel. How can you be so clueless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
With getting fired, I at least have a chance at getting unemployment.
If you luck out and get unemployment, drop down to the ground and kiss it. You don't deserve unemployment. The ONLY way you'll get it is if your employer lets you have it. And you better not plan on traveling Europe while you're on unemployment. Your unemployment benefits will stop and you'll be required to pay back whatever you received.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
How long were you officially allotted for lunch? If you were getting your work done and not wasting gas by driving off route, I don't really understand the problem. Plenty of people use their lunch breaks to go to the gym. Sounds like they really were after you.
She admits in her first post that she was at the gym way longer than she was allocated for lunch.

Quote:
Regardless, in most states you will definitely qualify for unemployment.
In what world?

Old 02-11-2012, 10:19 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Take it as a lesson learned and improvise on the next job. Nobody works 8 hours for the company honestly.

There's always people doing radio, chatting, posting on forums like C-D (lots of people post here, read from work)... all during work. But the key is avoiding detection and meeting deadlines and somehow getting things done.

Do whatever you want, just don't get caught.

People won't fathom what I have managed to do. I got clearance to sneak in my personal desktop and laptop to physically sit inside my office, and I use them to trade 24/7. The only time I stop activities is while physically attending a meeting. Yet, nothing has happened, becoz the output is always there. Produce output and people won't be prompted to investigate how you spend your time.

Old 02-11-2012, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
She admits in her first post that she was at the gym way longer than she was allocated for lunch.

In what world?
Most employers are not going to give a reason for firing someone to the unemployment bureau, especially in a "right to work" state. It's more of a hassle than it's worth.

Old 02-11-2012, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Most employers are not going to give a reason for firing someone to the unemployment bureau, especially in a "right to work" state. It's more of a hassle than it's worth.
It's obvious you have no idea what "right to work" means.

And employers do often fight unemployment claims for people employees were fired for just cause.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
It's obvious you have no idea what "right to work" means.

And employers do often fight unemployment claims for people employees were fired for just cause.
"At will" would have been the more accurate term. Thank you. In these situations, it's usually much more in the interest of employers to give no reason than to open themselves up to lawsuits. Unless this is a small company.

OP, did they give you anything in writing about why you were being terminated?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment