Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 09:22 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
"At will" would have been the more accurate term. Thank you. In these situations, it's usually much more in the interest of employers to give no reason than to open themselves up to lawsuits. Unless this is a small company.
I live in an at will state and most employers fight unemployment if they had cause to fire someone. Sometimes they're nice and don't fight it but more often they do. It's not like giving references or verifying employment. It's the unemployment office. With the OP, they have well documented proof via the GPS showing where she was on an endless basis. It's not like slander or liable when the reason is true and there is absolute proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
OP, did they give you anything in writing about why you were being terminated?
Haven't you read the thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubD
From the paperwork I got, I was fired due to "breaking the company code of ethics".

Old 02-12-2012, 03:28 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
Correct, Hopes, GPS gives the employer a slam dunk here. If they appeal it, the OP has almost no shot at getting unemployment.

Old 02-17-2012, 03:40 AM

878 posts, read 1,653,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmi66 View Post
Had a buddy that used to have a delivery route in Chicago and he figured out a way to finish his route in time to catch afternoon Cub's games. His boss saw him on TV at the game and fired him.
For some reason this post had me thinking about Ferris Bueller...

Old 02-24-2012, 02:37 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,972,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I live in an at will state and most employers fight unemployment if they had cause to fire someone. Sometimes they're nice and don't fight it but more often they do. It's not like giving references or verifying employment. It's the unemployment office. With the OP, they have well documented proof via the GPS showing where she was on an endless basis. It's not like slander or liable when the reason is true and there is absolute proof.

Haven't you read the thread?

Wow, you sure are smug. You must really enjoying belittling people online.

I got approved for unemployment and getting fired was a blessing.

Old 02-24-2012, 04:48 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post

I'm glad you got unemployment. Please learn from this. Your next employer might not be so giving.

Old 02-24-2012, 04:55 PM

878 posts, read 1,653,473 times
Grats OP... at least now you've got more time to go to the gym. LOL

Old 02-24-2012, 05:40 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post

It's amazing to learn about someone getting fired in this economy and calling it a blessing. Best of luck in your future endevors. Just remember, the longer you are out of work, the harder it is to find gainful employment.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:41 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
"It's amazing to learn about someone getting fired in this economy and calling it a blessing."

Its absurd. A sign of distorted values.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:15 PM

58 posts, read 56,954 times
Good god Youre lucky all you got was fired. I personally wouldve fought your unemployment,
sought some sort of prosecution, and most assuredly sued you for the
gas money, I wouldve filed every motion in the book to keep you tied
Down in litigation, and good luck using us as a reference, contrary to popular belief, as long
As what I'm saying is true, I can and wouldve disclosed the reason for your termination, what you did is
Equivalent to theft in my eyes, I also wouldve discarded you.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:26 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,445,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman62 View Post
Good god Youre lucky all you got was fired. I personally wouldve fought your unemployment,
sought some sort of prosecution, and most assuredly sued you for the
gas money, I wouldve filed every motion in the book to keep you tied
Down in litigation, and good luck using us as a reference, contrary to popular belief, as long
As what I'm saying is true, I can and wouldve disclosed the reason for your termination, what you did is
Equivalent to theft in my eyes, I also wouldve discarded you.
So..are you going to be playing this boss character for every thread..?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment