Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 02:44 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
yeah i'm moving on from that, but still, it should not be too late for somethings in life
college, trade school/tech school or join the military

or move to a different town that has lots of entry level jobs.

what city/state are you near?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 04:57 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,313,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
college, trade school/tech school or join the military

or move to a different town that has lots of entry level jobs.

what city/state are you near?
i live in Santa Ana, Southern California, lately i've applied to the Department of Rehabilitation, supposed to help people with disabilities get a job

Old 02-08-2012, 06:56 PM

143 posts, read 302,351 times
Quote:
i live in Santa Ana, Southern California, lately i've applied to the Department of Rehabilitation, supposed to help people with disabilities get a job

Have you thought of going in for counseling? You seem to be angry and having no direction. A little therapy could work wonders! Really. I'm not being sarcastic. It could really help.

You know, life is full of rejection: from employers, significant others, etc. You'll have to learn to deal with it.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:28 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,313,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Rahrah View Post
Have you thought of going in for counseling? You seem to be angry and having no direction. A little therapy could work wonders! Really. I'm not being sarcastic. It could really help.

You know, life is full of rejection: from employers, significant others, etc. You'll have to learn to deal with it.
well it just makes me mad that some people get rejected less than others, they don't have to attempt as many times, nobody is born with experience, that is a true fact in life, there is no denying that, there is always a first time for everything, how does anyone expect to get job experience if no employer will give the applicant a chance? and people saying I was supposed to do this in my teens? yeah well too late, can't change the past, seriously, the past should not matter, most people say that when giving advice to others, that you should not let your past dictate your future, meanwhile to employers, hiring-managers, an applicants past matters a lot, people can change you know

Old 02-09-2012, 11:10 PM

1,128 posts, read 3,480,386 times
Quote:
how does anyone expect to get job experience if no employer will give the applicant a chance? and people saying I was supposed to do this in my teens? yeah well too late, can't change the past, seriously, the past should not matter
You can't change the past, but you are held accountable for what you did in the past.

Waiting so long to get a job and spending enough time in college to obtain a bachelors degree, yet not earning anything has put you at a disadvantage and set you back. Now it's up to you to make up for it. You've been given some good suggestions, it's time to act on them and ditch the victim mentality.

Old 02-10-2012, 05:07 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolSocks View Post
You can't change the past, but you are held accountable for what you did in the past.

Waiting so long to get a job and spending enough time in college to obtain a bachelors degree, yet not earning anything has put you at a disadvantage and set you back. Now it's up to you to make up for it. You've been given some good suggestions, it's time to act on them and ditch the victim mentality.
Somehow I don't think anything is going to change in this case and this thread could slide into 30 pages or more with the same back and forth. This horse isn't going to drink.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:11 AM

1,631 posts, read 4,223,464 times
I don't want to jump to conclusions or sound insensitive here but do you have Asperger's? I agree with the poster who recommended some counseling.

Old 02-10-2012, 01:48 PM

1,128 posts, read 3,480,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Somehow I don't think anything is going to change in this case and this thread could slide into 30 pages or more with the same back and forth. This horse isn't going to drink.
We see these posters over and over again. People (seems to be mostly guys in this forum) in their twenties who have never had a job for longer than a couple months and have just realized that they're screwed. And they blame everyone but themselves for their problems. It seems like their parents have done a lot of enabling if they're just going to let their adult kids live this way.

Old 02-10-2012, 01:54 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolSocks View Post
We see these posters over and over again. People (seems to be mostly guys in this forum) in their twenties who have never had a job for longer than a couple months and have just realized that they're screwed. And they blame everyone but themselves for their problems. It seems like their parents have done a lot of enabling if they're just going to let their adult kids live this way.
And lest not forget that they're forum-diagnosed as suffering from Aspergers or ADHD or everything in between... Don't get me going!

Old 02-10-2012, 02:52 PM

1,631 posts, read 4,223,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
And lest not forget that they're forum-diagnosed as suffering from Aspergers or ADHD or everything in between... Don't get me going!
I was merely asking because this mirrors people I know who suffer from these kinds of things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search