Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 11:29 AM

4,918 posts, read 22,672,346 times

Advertisements

What time do you have to work? (What happens if you're late)
I report for work when they tell me to report. It could be 8 am or 8 pm, 1 pm or 1 am. I usually arrive around 15 - 45 minutes early based on traffic. If we are late and have not called in to tell them when we might arrive, they will start the process of getting a relief person. Since that relief person is on the cliock once they answer and agree to come in, lateness is a seriuous deal.

What time are you allowed to leave? (Do you usually work past that time)
I usually leave when all my duties are completed and released. we are not released until all the work is completed.

Are you paid for days you call in? (Do you make those up?)
Do you mean sick or personal days time call in? If so, we get a certain amount of approved days and a certain amount of authorized days and so long as we follow the procedures for calling in, we are paid.

Do you wish to switch or change your shift/hours? (Do you think your manager will let you?)
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!! Our hours and days are set and thats it. We can get another qualified employee to work the assigned scheduled but they get paid for it and I wouldn't.

What days do you work? (What days do you have off?)
It varies on days and times. Since we don;t work on preplanned scheules I work when the clients need us to do our job. Business is good so I average about 80 hours a week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 11:42 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,379,678 times
What time do you have to work? (What happens if you're late)
We have a flex schedule so people come in anywhere from 6:30 - 10am. I'm in between 8 - 8:20am.

What time are you allowed to leave? (Do you usually work past that time)
People leave between 4-well after 6 or 7. I try to leave by 5pm (like Fred Flintstone running to the car!)

Are you paid for days you call in? (Do you make those up?)
You have to take PTO so it is paid.

Do you wish to switch or change your shift/hours? (Do you think your manager will let you?)
I'm pretty happy with my schedule although I'd love to leave earlier, like 3pm but still get paid for a full day!

What days do you work? (What days do you have off?)
I work M-F only.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:54 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times
M-F, 8-5. It's really important that our dept all works the same hours since we depend on each other to get the work done. My vendors are usually open the same hours, but sometimes I'll come in early if I need an answer from an overseas or east coast vendor. My boss will demand answers at 8:05am about projects and 'I'm not sure, let me check' is an unacceptable answer. It's usually easier just to come in early and have an answer when he gets there. I dont get paid for it, though... It's just less stressful.

We have both vacation and flex time that we can use, and I have nearly 200 hours saved up and rarely take time off. I've called in sick once in 4 years.

I would prefer to work 6-3, but I'm pretty happy with my shift
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment