U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 05:26 AM

23,368 posts, read 30,659,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
you don't seem to understand this is not a 'management' position. it's a SHIFT SUPERVISOR position. again, i'm already doing the SAME position now, it just entails doing ONE more TASK throughout your shift.

I've NEVER NOT been a supervisor or a manager at a job SINCE HIGH school.

it's the equivalent to being a shift supervisor at a gas station.

also, if i'm not management 'material' how can i manage 20 staff at an agency that takes care of adults with disabilties, and be responsible for all their bills, hiring staff, training, new hire orientations.

this job is sitting behind a counter and taking phone calls along with everyone else but with ONE more duty.
And you FAILED at the other job(s) because you couldn't handle the stress.

Also it's possible you aren't getting promoted because people don't like you. Did you ever think of that?

Old 02-27-2012, 05:27 AM

1,611 posts, read 933,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Really? Do you actually stop to listen to yourself? Like I said, I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but the real you has appeared in later posts, and it's not attractive. You aren't doing anything special. Get off your high horse and stop with the attitude, you'll get a lot further in life.

PS--I own a company, and I don't promote people who are condescending or unable to handle stressful situations. They might be the best employee in the world, but that doesn't mean they'll be an effective manager. If their coworkers (and their bosses) don't like them, they will never get promoted regardless of how well they do their job. It sounds like this might be part of what is going on with you.
Um i AM friends with my coworkers. there's only three of us ON this shift. we go out for breakfast and talk outside of work.

my boss doesn't know me because i never see him. i work the GRAVEYARD SHIFT and in THREE YEARS have seen him TWICE.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:28 AM

Quote:
READ BELOW. this is NOT a management POSITION. it's a KIDDY SHIFT SUPERVISOR position, one that they can AND HAVE trained 18 year old immature girls right out of high school to do. just about ANYBODY is qualified for this positon. you sit by yourself and take phone calls with TWO OTHER PEOPLE, and do ONE EXTRA TASK
Read this: You are obviously NOT QUALIFIED. Qualifications aren't just on paper, but also how you get along with others. Get over yourself and move on.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Um i AM friends with my coworkers. there's only three of us ON this shift. we go out for breakfast and talk outside of work.

my boss doesn't know me because i never see him. i work the GRAVEYARD SHIFT and in THREE YEARS have seen him TWICE.
Are you on the spectrum, because you obviously fail to read social cues. Boss hasn't promoted you after three years equals you'll never get promoted. Move on or shut up about it.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:32 AM

Quote:
And you FAILED at the other job(s) because you couldn't handle the stress.

Also it's possible you aren't getting promoted because people don't like you. Did you ever think of that?
Um i have never' FAILEd at any job. WHy do you insult people? I have had TWO other jobs in the past ten year. BOTH of which i was at for 5 years and left havintg done an EXCELLENT JOB. i have always been an excellent employee with a strong work ethic (maybe it's a north dakota thing).

my last job was running the graveyard shift at a factory and doing ALL of the HR work, i was ALSO going to COLLEGE at the SAME TIME. THAT was what stressed me out, not just the job per say.

so you can stop with the insults now.

when you insult someone who has been such a great citizen and good employee then you deserve some backlash.

that's the way it works in the ADULT world

Old 02-27-2012, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Are you on the spectrum, because you obviously fail to read social cues. Boss hasn't promoted you after three years equals you'll never get promoted. Move on or shut up about it.

i am a very kind person, i would NEVEr want to work for you or your company as i my primary value is in how i treat others.. apparently yours isn't, and i would rather not have a job than work for someone who treats people like you do.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Um i have never' FAILEd at any job. WHy do you insult people? I have had TWO other jobs in the past ten year. BOTH of which i was at for 5 years and left havintg done an EXCELLENT JOB. i have always been an excellent employee with a strong work ethic (maybe it's a north dakota thing).

my last job was running the graveyard shift at a factory and doing ALL of the HR work, i was ALSO going to COLLEGE at the SAME TIME. THAT was what stressed me out, not just the job per say.

so you can stop with the insults now.

when you insult someone who has been such a great citizen and good employee then you deserve some backlash.

that's the way it works in the ADULT world
No, the adult world means that you can't get everything you want, sometimes life isn't fair, you accept it and move on. If you haven't been promoted after three years, you aren't going to be promoted. I'm not sure why that's such a difficult concept to understand by someone with "two degrees."

Old 02-27-2012, 05:37 AM

Quote:
i am a very kind person, i would NEVEr want to work for you or your company as i my primary value is in how i treat others.. apparently yours isn't, and i would rather not have a job than work for someone who treats people like you do.
Uh huh. My employees feel differently, which is why over half our workforce has been with us for 10 years or longer.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:38 AM

Quote:
No, the adult world means that you can't get everything you want, sometimes life isn't fair, you accept it and move on. If you haven't been promoted after three years, you aren't going to be promoted. I'm not sure why that's such a difficult concept to understand by someone with "two degrees."

the only reason i even wanted to stay here is BECAUSE of the friends i've made on my shift. that's why i wish things would have worked out better for me here. i must have good social cues considering i've done so much in my life with other people.

Also, since my job here is extremely hard too fill (they went 6 months without someone before me) it will be TOUGHT CRUD for them, when i leave. they will have to make someone on a day shift work the graveyards until they can hire someone. my state has more jobs than people who want them. so it is NOT an 'employers market' here.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:39 AM

Quote:
the only reason i even wanted to stay here is BECAUSE of the friends i've made on my shift. that's why i wish things would have worked out better for me here. i must have good social cues considering i've done so much in my life with other people.

Also, since my job here is extremely hard too fill (they went 6 months without someone before me) it will be TOUGHT CRUD for them, when i leave. they will have to make someone on a day shift work the graveyards until they can hire someone. my state has more jobs than people who want them. so it is NOT an 'employers market' here.
I'm guessing your employer doesn't share your sentiment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment