Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 04:50 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,571,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
It sounds like you aren't cut out to be management material if you can't handle stress/anxiety--at least not there.

I would caution you to not burn bridges during the exit interview.

Um, the management job here, would be the LEAST stressful job iv'e ever had. i was in HR and had to RUN a factory of 500 on the graveyard shift includinng payroll, new hire orientations, benefits and EVERYTHING. i did a GREAT job. I also had a job runnng an apartment with handicapped people, i did the hiring, inspections, new hire orientatiosn. etc.

the management job here is sitting behind a desk, doing what i'm doing now with ONE extra duty. managing TWO other people

I'm cut out for about TEN TIMES more than what this job entails.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Why wait? Go now, do your employer a favor and take your attitude elsewhere.

um, what attitude? usually people kinda care about their lives and careers and stuff and deserve to be rewarded for doing ALL THE RIGHT THINGS in life... like ten years of custome service experience, two bachelors degrees etc.

you're the one with the attitude.. are you saying people should just NOT WORK IN LIFE and just ROB BANKS?

Old 02-27-2012, 04:54 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,015,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
because i was suffering from severe anxiety and i needed a simple job that wasn't stressful, which it's not because it's a small relaxed call center but now i'm getting better. i have made a promise to myself to be out of here by the end of summer. and when i make a promise like this to myself i always keep it. when i do leave during the exit interview i will say EXACTLY what i think
I think you just answered your own question.

NOBODY wants a manager who can fall into an stress induced anxiety attack at any time.

YOU needed a "simple job" and you now have one, what's the problem?

Old 02-27-2012, 04:57 AM

Quote:
um, what attitude? usually people kinda care about their lives and careers and stuff and deserve to be rewarded for doing ALL THE RIGHT THINGS in life... like ten years of custome service experience, two bachelors degrees etc.

you're the one with the attitude.. are you saying people should just NOT WORK IN LIFE and just ROB BANKS?
Your degrees obviously don't mean squat.

You throw them around like someone should give accolades because of it.

An employee needs to be well rounded and a good fit.

Perhaps that job is not for you?

Old 02-27-2012, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Um, the management job here, would be the LEAST stressful job iv'e ever had. i was in HR and had to RUN a factory of 500 on the graveyard shift includinng payroll, new hire orientations, benefits and EVERYTHING. i did a GREAT job. I also had a job runnng an apartment with handicapped people, i did the hiring, inspections, new hire orientatiosn. etc.

the management job here is sitting behind a desk, doing what i'm doing now with ONE extra duty. managing TWO other people

Apparently not.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I think you just answered your own question.

NOBODY wants a manager who can fall into an stress induced anxiety attack at any time.

YOU needed a "simple job" and you now have one, what's the problem?

Um, the STRESSFUL job that i had that i had anxiety over was running a 500 person factory.

MY BOSS HERE did NOT WORK with me at the factory, and the JOB HERE entails doing what i'm doing now and watching over TWO PEOPLE. i had more responsibility than that when i was in HIGH SCHOOL.

so NO i DID NOT answer my own question.

this job is NOT STRESSFUL

Old 02-27-2012, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Apparently not.

um, apparently so

Old 02-27-2012, 05:07 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,103,864 times
Quote:

I'm saying exactly what I said. With the attitude of 'I DESERVE' whatever job you think you deserve I'd have outsted your behind already. Obviously YOU think YOU do a great job and YOU deserve to be promoted because YOU have seniority and your employer sees things differently. NEWS FLASH: seniority means nothing along with the paper those degrees are printed on when you are an AT WILL EMPLOYEE.

Personally I could care less what you do with your life and your job, you want to rob banks, knock yourself out, I'm sure it is a less stressful situation that you could "handle" without the "anxiety" than showing up to work midnights in a secure position every night. You do live in an area that employment is 'guaranteed and secure'

You think people deserve to be rewarded for thir loyalty and degrees and service. Open your own business and run it the way you think it should be run. Then come back and tell us all how you promoted the most senior employee with no problems EVERY TIME THERE WAS EXPANSION.

I do OWN MY OWN BUSINESS and it is doubtful I would have ever hired you in the first place.

Also, I would like to know where you came up with this from what I posted originally "are you saying people should just NOT WORK IN LIFE and just ROB BANKS?[/quote]"

Old 02-27-2012, 05:08 AM

26,585 posts, read 61,931,227 times
Quote:

Then get off your butt and find a new job, don't sit there and complain.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Apparently not.

well, since i'm QUITTING over it to move across the world ALONE i guess you're apparently wrong. considering moving to taiwan by yourself to teach english is going to be more stressful than anything the supervisor of my department here is doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.