U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-07-2012, 05:57 PM

2,715 posts, read 2,326,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
Business Adminstration: Marketing

i am willing to do any work pretty much and i am willing to relocate and i apply to all sorts of stuff as long as i'm qualified in the description of the job

i do not express an attitude to employers or anyone else.. just keep it all bottled inside and explode when i'm alone

i know right

it does says references not BJs i was being funny lol, and probably one interview in one year.. i wish i could afford to relocate i really do.. where would be a good place to move while we're talking?

you are always there for me! (i just always see your name in threads)

me too
Keep trying, and don't give up. Consider doing part time work if you have not. Also have you thought about relocating to other cities or overseas? How about moving to Australia where i live? The Unemployment situation here is not as bad as over there but it still not easy getting work here in Australia.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 05:03 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,999 posts, read 2,313,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Keep trying, and don't give up. Consider doing part time work if you have not. Also have you thought about relocating to other cities or overseas? How about moving to Australia where i live? The Unemployment situation here is not as bad as over there but it still not easy getting work here in Australia.
a guy that lives there told me that unemployment was 3% and college wasn't that big of a deal? i mean it wasn't like the end all to, like it is in america

Old 03-09-2012, 05:06 PM
FBJ

32,732 posts, read 20,981,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
That's what i did and when I went to the interview the lady asked me

"So if you were to be offered a full-time job from another company what would you do?

So someone didn't even want to offer me a part-time job because they felt I wouldn't be there long. That interview was on 1/27 and today is 3/9 which will be 2 months soon lol

Old 03-10-2012, 11:36 AM

1,060 posts, read 570,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
That's what i did and when I went to the interview the lady asked me

"So if you were to be offered a full-time job from another company what would you do?

So someone didn't even want to offer me a part-time job because they felt I wouldn't be there long. That interview was on 1/27 and today is 3/9 which will be 2 months soon lol
I lied when I was asked that question. I said I planned on working my way up to management. HA!!! Yeah right... I just have this job until I can get something better. My employer doesn't need to know that.

Employers BS all the time. I did what I had to in order to get the job. What do they expect? Let's say you take a job for $7.25 an hour and get offered a job that pays $16.00 an hour. Any idiot with half a brain would take the job that pays $16.00 an hour.

Old 03-10-2012, 11:59 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by redroses777 View Post
I lied when I was asked that question. I said I planned on working my way up to management. HA!!! Yeah right... I just have this job until I can get something better. My employer doesn't need to know that.

Employers BS all the time. I did what I had to in order to get the job. What do they expect? Let's say you take a job for $7.25 an hour and get offered a job that pays $16.00 an hour. Any idiot with half a brain would take the job that pays $16.00 an hour.
I wasn't expecting that foolish question so I was caught off guard. That would have been the perfect job for now. It was 14 hours a week and similar to my last job and the company was 3 mins down the street. And on top of all that I would have had time to still job search and go on interviews. The lady stated that they preferred someone who already had a full-time job and was going to use that job as their side job

Old 03-10-2012, 12:27 PM

20,524 posts, read 22,567,353 times
Quote:
I wasn't expecting that foolish question so I was caught off guard. That would have been the perfect job for now. It was 14 hours a week and similar to my last job and the company was 3 mins down the street. And on top of all that I would have had time to still job search and go on interviews. The lady stated that they preferred someone who already had a full-time job and was going to use that job as their side job
Too bad that all your experience as an Employment Counselor didn't prepare you for such a situation. Too bad too that you weren't able to sufficiently collect yourself and come up with a response which would have nailed the position since you seem to think you were the perfect candidate for the job. Best you learn to be on your toes and expect the unexpected. There is no "set script" where interviewing is concerned.

Old 03-10-2012, 12:40 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Too bad that all your experience as an Employment Counselor didn't prepare you for such a situation. Too bad too that you weren't able to sufficiently collect yourself and come up with a response which would have nailed the position since you seem to think you were the perfect candidate for the job. Best you learn to be on your toes and expect the unexpected. There is no "set script" where interviewing is concerned.
She felt I wouldn't be there long which is why she gave my resume to another guy in the company. Her exact words were you appear to be "young and employable" and would find something else soon.

Old 03-10-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
She felt I wouldn't be there long which is why she gave my resume to another guy in the company. Her exact words were you appear to be "young and employable" and would find something else soon.
Yes I remember that from another thread. You subsequently blew off the person to whom she passed your resumé (you decided without even interviewing that the job was too far away from your apartment to be viable) so that whole thing didn't exactly work out too well and you lost good contacts in the process. Oh well. Better luck next time.

Old 03-10-2012, 02:22 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Yes I remember that from another thread. You subsequently blew off the person to whom she passed your resumé (you decided without even interviewing that the job was too far away from your apartment to be viable) so that whole thing didn't exactly work out too well and you lost good contacts in the process. Oh well. Better luck next time.
Wrong, the person she gave the resume to interview me and is now a connection. The person who emailed me about a job opening who works for the same company found me on careerbuilder. At the time I thought he received my resume from the guy I had a networking interview with a week prior to his email.

Old 03-10-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Wrong, the person she gave the resume to interview me and is now a connection. The person who emailed me about a job opening who works for the same company found me on careerbuilder. At the time I thought he received my resume from the guy I had a networking interview with a week prior to his email.
Your stories change with the wind and as circumstances dictate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment