U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-04-2012, 05:44 PM

336 posts, read 187,994 times
Default Are there any reputable "work from home" companies?

I started a new job on Thursday as a paralegal and really like it, but it is only 20 hrs per week and I'd really love to get a part time job to add some income.

The biggest problem is that my schedule with this job is M-F, 1-5, so it's kind of hard to find jobs when I work right in the middle of the day. I'm going to keep looking...but I think it might be a challenge.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any reputable "work from home" companies/jobs for people that are very good on computers (fast typing, microsoft office, etc). I figured something where I could work from home in the mornings would be great, but there are SO many scams out there.

Any ideas?
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2012, 06:36 PM

1,741 posts, read 1,851,488 times
I don't know alot about this, but i've heard of people processing medical paperwork for doctors offices. I believe there are people who do something for credit card companies as well. I think they're legit, but look at it closely.

Old 03-04-2012, 08:15 PM

2,621 posts, read 2,251,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meg31816 View Post
I started a new job on Thursday as a paralegal and really like it, but it is only 20 hrs per week and I'd really love to get a part time job to add some income.

The biggest problem is that my schedule with this job is M-F, 1-5, so it's kind of hard to find jobs when I work right in the middle of the day. I'm going to keep looking...but I think it might be a challenge.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any reputable "work from home" companies/jobs for people that are very good on computers (fast typing, microsoft office, etc). I figured something where I could work from home in the mornings would be great, but there are SO many scams out there.

Any ideas?
Yes there are. This is a newer source that I just found via google. Legit Work-from-Home Websites - and the Scams - CBS News

This is the one I found a few years ago. Five Best Work-From-Home Jobs - ABC News

Good luck!

Old 03-06-2012, 10:11 AM

14,254 posts, read 22,344,762 times
I am moving this to the Work & Employment forum where it could get more responses. JayCT, Moderator
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment