U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 08:20 AM

24,398 posts, read 28,457,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara0815 View Post
Since Im the one not working I get to do the dishes,clean the house,do the laundry, and run the errands.... UMMMM I hate it Im sooooo bored... When I was working full time we spilt everything I cooked he did the dishes, shared cleaning chores, but I did the laundry cause my man shrinks everything ACKK... Sooo trust me I'll be much happier when Im back to work.
me too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 10:30 AM

4,444 posts, read 4,297,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara0815 View Post
Since Im the one not working I get to do the dishes,clean the house,do the laundry, and run the errands.... UMMMM I hate it Im sooooo bored... When I was working full time we spilt everything I cooked he did the dishes, shared cleaning chores, but I did the laundry cause my man shrinks everything ACKK... Sooo trust me I'll be much happier when Im back to work.
I find it amazing that you're chomping at the bit to go back to work - if I were in your shoes, I'd be fighting tooth and nail NOT to go back...lol.

Of course, this perspective is coming from someone who used to cry uncontrollably on Sunday nights, as I dreaded going in on Monday mornings so bad - seriously.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:29 PM

428 posts, read 757,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
I find it amazing that you're chomping at the bit to go back to work - if I were in your shoes, I'd be fighting tooth and nail NOT to go back...lol.

Of course, this perspective is coming from someone who used to cry uncontrollably on Sunday nights, as I dreaded going in on Monday mornings so bad - seriously.

Awww thats not good at all... I guess if I had somebody to hang out with during the day it wouldnt be so bad... The boyfriend works 6am-4pm, all my friends work and the couple that dont have kidlet responsibilties which I dont.... So its just me and I cant go shopping cause well Im on unemployment... LOL Granted I got my hair cut today... ...

Old 04-10-2012, 02:24 PM

773 posts, read 1,008,245 times
My mom went back to work two weeks after I was born and worked until well after retirement age. She told me, "Always make your own money, because you don't know what will happen." And she wasn't talking about divorce; my dad had a debilitating stroke that rendered him unable to work. Had it not been for my mother's income, they would have been out on the street.

I know that this is an extreme example. But I've also witnessed SAHMs whose husband divorces them who have no choice but to go back to work. After all of those years spent at home, their skills are rusty, and they have a hard time even getting a job that will sustain them.

I know that this is a bummer thought, but given that 50 percent of marriages end in divorce, it behooves a woman to keep her skill set up to date, and that means working whenever she is able to do so. Because there's a 50-50 chance that she'll need those skills sometime in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment