Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2012, 12:15 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,802,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Yeah, 80 degrees definitely feels different at different times of the year.
I don't know if you are being sarscastic but 80 degrees in july feels like March and 80 degrees in March feels like July.

Old 03-15-2012, 12:16 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,453,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I'm sure he's not in too much of a hurry, because if he is interested in a company he must wait until "Cold email/call Friday" to contact them.
I agree but the problem is that if he misses "researching day" because of the havoc that the temperature fluctuation has caused, he may not have time to cram in all that research to compile a list of Friday's cold email/call prospects. Seems to me this is a pretty serious dilemma. PLUS he alleges he has two DATES lined up for this weekend. I think this week is pretty shot and we're already halfway through the month which was supposed to be such a hot employment month. Phew, not looking good. But maybe April is also tagged as a good employment month. I can't recall the results of TVSG's research right now where this is concerned.

Old 03-15-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I don't know if you are being sarscastic but 80 degrees in july feels like March and 80 degrees in March feels like July.
That's really deep. Thanks for clarifying.

Old 03-15-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I'm sure he's not in too much of a hurry, because if he is interested in a company he must wait until "Cold email/call Friday" to contact them.
I do it on friday because I want my Mondays and Tuesdays to be filled with business calls.

Old 03-15-2012, 12:35 PM

Well the lady emailed me back and stated they will review my experience and contact me should a position become available. lol

Why couldn't the guy just tell me this in a email on Monday instead of talking about scheduling a interview? So he gave me false hope when he could have just said what the lady said when he received my resume.

I mean what else is expected when you cold contact a company with a resume? I mean they did respond so that's all i can ask for right now since there are no openings.

Well on to the next company

Old 03-15-2012, 12:52 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,896,475 times
A simple email is miles away from an interview. An interview only exists when an actual place, date, time, and participants are set, and have agreed on all terms. An email, or a temp agency calling to see if they may pass your resume along.this is two straight times where you misread insignificant initial contact for a step that might occur, much further down the road.

Employers can search parameters on sites, everybody with XYZ experience in City of ABC, and mass email (making it look individual) all who met the criteria of the query. From there, they can look at resumes more deeply, and if openings exist, cherry pick whom they wished to meet with.

Do not get your hopes up on initial steps, and do not construe it to mean more than it does.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
A simple email is miles away from an interview. An interview only exists when an actual place, date, time, and participants are set, and have agreed on all terms. An email, or a temp agency calling to see if they may pass your resume along.this is two straight times where you misread insignificant initial contact for a step that might occur, much further down the road.

Employers can search parameters on sites, everybody with XYZ experience in City of ABC, and mass email (making it look individual) all who met the criteria of the query. From there, they can look at resumes more deeply, and if openings exist, cherry pick whom they wished to meet with.

Do not get your hopes up on initial steps, and do not construe it to mean more than it does.
Well that means he sent the wrong email then and should have just said I will pass your resume along and you will be contacted if there are any openings in the future.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Well that means he sent the wrong email then and should have just said I will pass your resume along and you will be contacted if there are any openings in the future.
You're frittering another day away - get off CD and get to work on job searching!

Old 03-15-2012, 02:15 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,896,475 times
If it suited his purpose, he sent the right email. Sounds like his purpose was to collect resumes for a first look, to decide who he'd bring in for an interview (2nd round). It appears you were knocked out in round 1.

But as STT Resident said well, 1/2 the month that was supposed to be super is already over, so I'd be job surfing if I were in your shoes, too. This email you got is not about to provide an income stream for you; a job will.

Old 03-15-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
If it suited his purpose, he sent the right email. Sounds like his purpose was to collect resumes for a first look, to decide who he'd bring in for an interview (2nd round). It appears you were knocked out in round 1.

But as STT Resident said well, 1/2 the month that was supposed to be super is already over, so I'd be job surfing if I were in your shoes, too. This email you got is not about to provide an income stream for you; a job will.
It was no first round 1 of interviews? What are you talking about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.