Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 03:18 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times

Advertisements

All over the country there were people outside waiting to buy NEW PHONES but the economy is supposed to be so bad right? As a unemployed person these are the stories that make me realize that weak economy talk is a bunch of bull.

Apple fans buying new iPad as it hits stores today, March 16 - NYPOST.com

Old 03-16-2012, 03:25 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,743,179 times
BS to you. Nowhere does it say the unemployed are buying most of the Apple stuff. There are still lots of employed people to buy lotsa Apple stuff, especially when it is trendy to them.

But the economy is bad and companies are lowballing people in their salaries. My PLC class teacher says he knows experienced 10 year + electrical engineers being lowballed a salary of $55,000 a year.

My last Tech Writer / Mech Eng interview - they said with my 5.75 years experience that $56,000 a year was way out of league. And I haven't been called to a 2nd interview. I passed their 11 min tech writing test too.

Old 03-16-2012, 03:26 PM

45,355 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Then you don't know anything about the economy or don't understand it. You're not working are you? Have you been paying attention to what has happened to manufacturing in PA over the last couple decades? How hard was it becoming to place your clients in jobs prior to your most recent layoff?

Are you suggesting that because some people are buying new phones that happy days are here again? Keep in mind that while unemployment is high that the vast majority of people are working.

What classes did you take to get your degree?

Old 03-16-2012, 03:31 PM

21 posts, read 156,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
All over the country there were people outside waiting to buy NEW PHONES but the economy is supposed to be so bad right? As a unemployed person these are the stories that make me realize that weak economy talk is a bunch of bull.

Apple fans buying new iPad as it hits stores today, March 16 - NYPOST.com
I am not sure what you are implying but it seems like you are trying to insult the unemployed? I am not sure why you are in this forum making such negative comments? It is people like you that push me to work harder and overcome obstacles.

Old 03-16-2012, 03:35 PM

827 posts, read 1,089,708 times

Old 03-16-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProdigy View Post
I am not sure what you are implying but it seems like you are trying to insult the unemployed? I am not sure why you are in this forum making such negative comments? It is people like you that push me to work harder and overcome obstacles.

In his convoluted logic the fact that people are buying I-phones means that the economy is not weak but rather roaring along at unprecedented levels of growth. You have to understand that TVSG only believes what he actually sees or wants to believe. It works in reverse, too.

Old 03-16-2012, 03:49 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,925,882 times
I am not impressed with topics that the OP has brought up in the past...same with this one.

Many more important things could be addressed on a forum. .....go ahead people...FLAME ME.

Old 03-16-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
I am not impressed with topics that the OP has brought up in the past...same with this one.

Many more important things could be addressed on a forum. .....go ahead people...FLAME ME.

Nawww. We'd rather flame TVSG.

Old 03-16-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Then you don't know anything about the economy or don't understand it. You're not working are you? Have you been paying attention to what has happened to manufacturing in PA over the last couple decades? How hard was it becoming to place your clients in jobs prior to your most recent layoff?

Are you suggesting that because some people are buying new phones that happy days are here again? Keep in mind that while unemployment is high that the vast majority of people are working.

I still see people buying IPADS, and getting on the train and bus going and coming home from work so I'm not buying that it's a weak economy.

Old 03-16-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post

No I'm saying that the economy is not as bad as the media makes it out to be
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment