Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 06:18 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,898,795 times

Advertisements

Best of luck to you. Like the other posters said, proceed with cautious optimism. This actually happened to me. Another person and I interviewed for a job and were hired. We both were waiting for a start date. We both have filled up our paperwork, drug tested and I-9'd. I was trying to get some parking space in downtown. Then the recruiter tells us (the recruiter was pissed!!!!!) that the hiring manager was new and didn't follow the protocol. Turns out the positions have not been approved. So there! And I had passed up an interview for another position at that time. Nobody is trying to rain on your parade, but it can and does happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 12:26 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikidII View Post
Why are people so pessimistic here?! I understand not until it's in my hands its not there, but this is position that was created because the company needs a person in this role.
Because it's better to have a offer letter in your possession before you say..."I got the job"

Never know what can happen, so just wait on the letter first

Old 03-26-2012, 09:08 AM

771 posts, read 1,396,076 times
I understand that many people have had experiences where the offer was taken away and what not. I appreciate the input and advice. It is very real.

However, with that being said, it's more common that offers do go through than the opposite. So when I said I didn't appreciate the pessimisstic feedback I was getting is that people gave me a million scenarios of what might happen based on their own experiences, which I am safe to assume do not happen that often.

It's kind of like you're scared of flying in a plane and people tell you you might crash during the landing, it might blow up in the air, a wing might break off during takeoff, the brakes may fail, etc., when more often than not, flying is a smooth process. I understand that job offers are not as smooth, but it seems like people here are making it seem like 75% of the time the offer will fall through.

BTW I started this thread to give people an upadate, wasn't really looking for much feedback, especially not negative one.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:23 AM

356 posts, read 834,216 times
I'm just going to say congrats And best of luck with the new job.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:26 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Sending positive vibes to you for a great offer. Please keep us updated.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:36 PM

Thanks guys. I most definitely will let you know what happens!

Old 03-26-2012, 10:45 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,001,614 times
I was looking at both possibilities.

However, I'm sending early "congratulations" on your new job. You'll be fine.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:20 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,681,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikidII View Post
BTW I started this thread to give people an upadate, wasn't really looking for much feedback, especially not negative one.

You got to be kidding me?? What tyoe of job are you going for, your first babysitting position? I mean how olf are you?

You posted to solicit felling if joy-jou along with some good old back slapping and a sprinkle of thumbs up. That why you posted,a nd instead you got some comments on the harsh reality of employment and now you claim you didn;t want any of that? Well, don't post if you can;t take the comments!

Geez, so inamture!

Old 03-27-2012, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post

You got to be kidding me?? What tyoe of job are you going for, your first babysitting position? I mean how olf are you?

You posted to solicit felling if joy-jou along with some good old back slapping and a sprinkle of thumbs up. That why you posted,a nd instead you got some comments on the harsh reality of employment and now you claim you didn;t want any of that? Well, don't post if you can;t take the comments!

Geez, so inamture!
Wow, are you really that sour of a person? Pretty nasty if you ask me. Educate yourself a little more and do some research. This thread was an update from my previous one: So basically, they are telling me.....

I was only updating people on it. I understand the reality of searches as I work for an HR consulting firm, but the thing is people have been painting a gazillion different scenarios of what MIGHT happen that actually don't happen that often. It's called supporting people. It's one thing to tell someone they got it for sure, which is not what I am asking or expecting, nor should it be said because no one ever knows. But support where people tell you "you don't have til you have it, but good luck" is the nice thing to do on these boards. What I posted in this thread is good news, whether or not it is turned into something is another story. You being so negative and rude says a WHOLE lot more about you than me.

Talk about negative energy.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:29 PM

831 posts, read 2,826,303 times
Did you get the job yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment