Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 02:56 PM

428 posts, read 900,529 times

Advertisements

Yeah and its ever so fair your calling her a self entitled brat???????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2012, 02:57 PM

570 posts, read 1,340,313 times
Tara's last post makes a lot of sense, perhaps the OP was typing before thinking. But it is a good lesson to learn that in today's work world you have to be conscious of the fact that people come from all backgrounds. The wrong thing said at the wrong time can be a career killer (not to mention wrong and hurtful) so it's a good thing to be made aware of now.

Old 03-31-2012, 02:57 PM

266 posts, read 1,108,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordyloves View Post

This is fast food where talking about? WHAT STANDARDS COULD THEY POSSIBLY HAVE
Actually, McDonald's does have standards. They have been around since the 1950's. They are the number one fast food chain in the US and hugely successful. They did $32.4 BILLION in 2010. Their stock right now is trading at $98. These things don't happen by accident.

They have locations in 119 countries, and when you go to one in China, you get the same experience there as you would here because of the standards.

That said, maybe it was you and maybe it wasn't. Maybe they didn't like your haircut. Or maybe the hiring manager was in a bad mood. Maybe they already filled the spots they needed right before you applied. It could have been a thousand different reasons why you didn't get the job. Just because it is fast food doesn't mean that anybody walks in and gets hired. And you should not take that personally.

Old 03-31-2012, 02:58 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,038,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara0815 View Post
Given the way she's posting, I think it's a fair group of adjectives.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara0815 View Post
You're welcome to hire her.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:03 PM

10 posts, read 20,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny AZ View Post
Okay so she's a teenager...so she should post offensive stuff about Spanish people and even though that is wrong, I should not say anything because it will hurt her self-esteem??? Then I should turn around and placate her and tell her how wonderful she is?? Come on, be serious.

It's one thing to come on here and ask for help and be mature. People will bend over backwards to give great advice in those situations. But if you are going to post ridiculous and RACIST comments that offend people then what do you expect to receive in reply? If she is 16 and old enough to get a job, then she is old enough to know better.
Ahh give me a breake!!!To you ,every fly fart, is something racist!
Quit beeing so sensitive!

I am still allowed these days to say that in some restaurants when I order something I have to say it 3 times so that they understend because they can't speak english.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:05 PM

2 posts, read 3,529 times
Just remain positive and know that there are other companies that are hiring. Sounds like your transportation may be an issue though, but you will have to convince an employer that they should take a chance on you. Since school is still in session, think about talking to your Guidance Counselor about other opportunities such as internships, etc....

Lastly, you should be very conscious about how you refer to others. One of the things that you will learn when you enter the workforce is about Diversity and Inclusion. You should learn about this before you start interviewing for jobs. An employer is less likely to hire you when you make comments as you did above and definitely less likely to keep you if these comments come out during your employment.

Good luck to you!

Old 03-31-2012, 03:09 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,968,512 times
No one Tara, thinks a racist comment sounds better in their head, than in print, unless of course, they have no issue with racism. Although its understandable to be frustrated, its not understandable to even think what she wrote, unless again, the OP has no issue with racism, and if that is the case, I would also not hire her.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:10 PM

245 posts, read 519,914 times
Quote:
I just think it's funny that you are making fun of others for not speaking English well and then you make two ridiculous grammar errors in the very next sentence.
At least I'm not TaLkiNg liiiiKe diis!!11!!

Quote:
I get that you wanted the job and you are understandably disappointed, but you do seem a tad angry at the world. To come on this forum and start spouting out racists comments and then expect people to agree with you is silly. The world does not owe you a job. McDonald's doesn't hire people just for having a heartbeat.
Ya know, I did the exact same thing on Craigslist. No one complained that I was complaining.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecsandra View Post
Ahh give me a breake!!!To you ,every fly fart, is something racist!
Quit beeing so sensitive!

I am still allowed these days to say that in some restaurants when I order something I have to say it 3 times so that they understend because they can't speak english.
Actually I am not that sensitive. What I find ironic is the OP making fun of others for not having a command of the English language then demonstrating her own lack of grammar in the very next sentence.

Not to mention the implication that she can't get a job at McDonald's because of the Spanish people who are running the place. Yes, it must be the Spanish mafia at work here. Certainly it could not be a poor attitude or lack of transportation. I'm just saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment