Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 05:41 PM

7,725 posts, read 12,620,471 times

Advertisements

All I can say is, to each his own. You don't have to do anything. I said in the original post, this method is only for those who have faith. If you don't, there is no point in responding if you believe it's all a waste of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 02:47 PM

3,739 posts, read 4,634,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
My dream career is to be a performer in Musical Theatre (Broadway). Not exactly sure how writing it down is going to allow me to achieve my dream.

How does one's positive thinking overrule the other 10s of thousands of people trying to achieve the same thing I am?

How does positive thinking allow me to get a role over someone with more talent, training, and experience than I have unless it's based solely on looks or subjective opinion?
Good point.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:33 PM

495 posts, read 684,574 times
I am writing down that allen will abandon this pointless thread. I have faith that he will, lets see it works.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:19 PM

3,739 posts, read 4,634,752 times
Has anyone here that tried this landed their dream job?

Old 05-18-2012, 02:27 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,303,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulone View Post
Has anyone here that tried this landed their dream job?
I was just wondering the same thing ... anyone?

Old 10-08-2014, 11:46 PM

752 posts, read 2,086,393 times
Default The hard part is having or keeping that faith

I know that this thread is over 2 years old but it intrigued me enough to want to chime in. The naysayers, like spm62...are critical towards the OP because they're thinking "obviously there's a catch". And yes, there IS...it's that faith is easier said than done. When we get knocked around long enough by "reality" and the cold, cruel world..having or keeping that faith that things will turn around..can seem daunting. I know that I struggle with it all the time-my life has been a series of disappointments to the point that I have had to turn to unconventional ideas or wisdom. I'm no stranger to authors and teachers whose writings border on the metaphysical...Lousie Hay, Shakti Gawain and Abraham Hicks come to mind. I know I have at least one book by one of those authors...and I know of a man with a "phd" title who has a whole cassette/CD series on making visualization work for you..he knows the works...most teachers talk about these in great depth...Visualization, affirmations, vision boards, and meditation. I also have a copy of Claude Bristol's "The Magic of Believing" laying around and it may still be on print; it is an older edition. I'm giving serious thought to cracking it sometime When your life is full of disappointments (as is mine) you come to expect disappointment..or think that "this is about as good as it's gonna get" so I know that I struggle with that one all the time..just turning it all over to God/the Universe..it means LETTING GO of all of that disappointment that keeps us stuck and mired in our current unhappy life. It's like that game of "trust" we might have played once where we have to fall backwards and trust that our friend or partner behind us has their hands outstretched to catch us as we fall.

I don't want to get all woo-woo here in this thread any more than I have already...but I did want to extend my gratitude to allen..thanks for providing this ray of sunshine or light into the cloudy dark world.

Allen I think I will have to try your method. Like that well-known line in Titanic..."when you've got nothing, you've got nothing to lose"

And "its easier to give a little when you've only got so little" from an anonymous source...I think that axiom speaks to many of us who've had hard lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment