Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 06:56 PM

7,724 posts, read 12,618,642 times

Advertisements

This is for those who are EXASPERATED with the job market and have tried to get a job to no avail. This is not for those without faith. This is for those who have nothing at all, are depressed, and has tried everything in the book to get a job. If you have nothing left to lose, here's what I want you to do.

1. Get out a pen and a paper
2. Write down the job you want and what position you seek and what pay you desire.
3. Give yourself a reasonable time to seek this job. Like 3 or 4 weeks. Write down that date on the paper.
4. Say it out loud
5. Put it away and watch it happen.

You will find that job. The power of life and death is in the tongue. For the religious folk like myself, we read about that in the Bible. But most rarely take it seriously and apply it. For the non-religious folk, they call this the law of attraction. You must clear your head of all the negativity and stop assuming it is impossible for you to get the job you desire. ANYTHING is possible for you. Yes, even in this economy. Don't listen to the naysayers and critics. If you have nothing to lose at this point in your life and are on your last paycheck and have no idea what your going to do, try this! Don't utter one negative commentary towards your prospect of getting this job during the time being. Always keep a positive heart and mind towards your dream job and claim it as yours everyday.

Last edited by allenk893; 04-13-2012 at 07:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 07:03 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,499,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
This is for those who are EXASPERATED with the job market and have tried to get a job to no avail. This is not for those without faith. This is for those who have nothing at all, are depressed, and has tried everything in the book to get a job. Here's what I want you to do.

2. Write down the job you want and what position you seek and what pay you desire.
3. Give yourself a reasonable time to seek this job. Like 3 or 4 weeks. Write down that date on the paper.
4. Say it out loud

You will find that job. For the religious folk like myself, we read about that in the Bible. But most rarely take it seriously. For the non-religious folk, they call this the law of attraction. You must clear your head of all the negativity and stop assuming it is impossible for you to get the job you desire. ANYTHING is possible for you. Yes, even in this economy. Don't listen to the naysayers and critics. If you have nothing to lose at this point in your life and are on your last paycheck and have no idea what your going to do, try this! Don't utter one negative commentary towards your prospect of getting this job during the time being. Always keep a positive heart and mind towards your dream job and claim it as yours everyday.
I get what you`re saying, but if it was that easy, there would be a lot more millionaires

Old 04-13-2012, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
I get what you`re saying, but if it was that easy, there would be a lot more millionaires
Well, there are alot of millionaires. And they HAVE became millionaires through this method! Claiming wealth and prosperity into their lives from the very beginning!

I don't want to name drop but Nick Cannon quoted this in a magazine

“I truly believe in speaking things into existence. Not to get all Tony Robbins, but you speak it, and it can definitely happen to you.”
“I wanna be a billionaire in five years,” says Nick. “It can happen. I’m speaking it into existence!”

And he is well on his way. Nick Cannon is a singer, performer, actor, TV judge, and CEO of Nickelodeon’s teen channel. He is also Mariah Carey's husband! For years he claimed she was his celebrity crush and he finally got a date with her one day and the rest is history. He's gotten nearly everything he asked for by speaking it into existence. Like alot of other millionaires. They believed and said to themselves what they would become. And surely that's what happened.

Alot of people have this misconception that announcing your a millionaire is going to make money fall out of the sky. That's not how it works. You attract money when you claim it. It comes to you through various endeavors and accumulates overtime to have you receive whatever you spoke into existence you wanted to receive. Thus eventually you becoming a millionaire. It may take months to years to see it total to that amount. But you'll see how you manifested that after the fact. To make this happen, you gotta believe and claim it as yours. The sky is the limit to what you can have. If you are unemployed and you have nothing to lose at this point in your life, what is it worth to try this simple task? It may be worth a lifetime of prosperity. Clear your heard of all the arguments and news stories you heard about how much it's impossible to find a job. Clear your head of naysayers and critics and so-called "experts" and try this little task. You will find your job.

Last edited by allenk893; 04-13-2012 at 07:34 PM..

Old 04-13-2012, 08:42 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,499,363 times
Like I said in my previous post...I get what you are saying. I`ve seen the name it and claim it guys, I`ve seen the speak it into existence, the power of words, power of attraction, etc. etc. You can rattle off names of some people who said they spoke this and or spoke that and it happened. Or they had faith, they believed, they meditated, used their subconscious mind, etc. But for every person who claims their faith or words brought them riches or happiness, there are untold millions for whom it didn`t happen. I also know you will never be able to convince someone who found a job out of the blue, received a check, met their soulmate, etc from practicing these techniques, that it isn`t true. They truly believe it and I respect that.

But we can rattle off names of people who have won the lottery as well. That doesn`t mean just because you play the lottery you are going to win. Someone will win, but the overwhelming majority obviously lose. A person who prayed to win the lottery and won it, will be convinced that prayer did it. But the untold millions who prayed and didn`t win, well, you get the picture. It`s the same thing. The relatively few people who practice this and get what they ask for, are convinced that`s why they were successful. But again, there are many,many, many, who do it and nothing ever happens.

But I agree that a positive attitude can certainly help. A person is much more pleasant when they are upbeat and positive. I`m sure that goes a long way toward people wanting to help you,hire you, or recommend you. I just hope people keep things in perspective and don`t become discouraged when things don`t turn out like they thought. Just try to keep a positive attitude and keep searching, looking, and networking for that next opportunity. If speaking something makes you work harder to achieve it, then I can see that. Maybe that`s what it`s all about. But just believing something and then sitting back waiting for it to happen, won`t work. One way or another, you have to work to get what you want.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
But we can rattle off names of people who have won the lottery as well. That doesn`t mean just because you play the lottery you are going to win. Someone will win, but the overwhelming majority obviously lose. A person who prayed to win the lottery and won it, will be convinced that prayer did it. But the untold millions who prayed and didn`t win, well, you get the picture. It`s the same thing. The relatively few people who practice this and get what they ask for, are convinced that`s why they were successful. But again, there are many,many, many, who do it and nothing ever happens.
See this is what I'm talking about. For everything you agree with, you have a counter argument. You've got to let the logic and rational side of your brain stop controlling you and embrace the creative and imaginative side if you want to see results. The problem with most people is that they can't. They are too deceived by experts telling them almost everything is impossible. And that is not true. You must claim it as yours and say it aloud.

Quote:
But I agree that a positive attitude can certainly help. A person is much more pleasant when they are upbeat and positive. I`m sure that goes a long way toward people wanting to help you,hire you, or recommend you. I just hope people keep things in perspective and don`t become discouraged when things don`t turn out like they thought. Just try to keep a positive attitude and keep searching, looking, and networking for that next opportunity. If speaking something makes you work harder to achieve it, then I can see that. Maybe that`s what it`s all about. But just believing something and then sitting back waiting for it to happen, won`t work. One way or another, you have to work to get what you want.
Of course you have to work to get what you want. But when you speak something into existence, you are gravitating the idea towards you and manifesting it into your life. Regardless of what it is and what you do. If you don't claim it as yours and instead you are saying things like "I will never get this job" or "They probably won't even read my resume" while searching or working for the job, you will not have anything!

Here is my advice. This method takes faith. If you want to have your dream job, throw all your logic, rationale, and counter-arguments to the side and try what I wrote above. Because there's really not much one can say to another if they don't experience it themselves. No more fights and debates. Just try what I said above. Remove the doubt from within you and try this method. I bet you will have your job in within those 3 or 4 weeks. You deserve it! Now all you have to do is claim it.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:49 PM

808 posts, read 1,678,725 times
Not sure if serious.

Old 04-14-2012, 03:32 AM

495 posts, read 684,515 times
Not ' The Secret' BS again. We are not gods, we cannot will things into being just by our thoughts.You can't just be an idea man.Any sucsessful person worth their salt will tell you if you want something you need a plan to get it and than do it.Focus on action and having a good plan is the key, not being stuck on just a dream.I have always been a dreamer a wisher and an idea man.But I rarely get what I want, why?Because I don't go out and GET IT.I know what I need to do but I FAIL TO ACT.It has nothing to do with focusing on thinking about what I want.I already know that,I'm not a child for gods sakes.Its all about the will to act.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:16 AM

841 posts, read 1,917,283 times
There is no time table.
There is no magic formula.

All you have is getting up every day and trying to be brave and carry on.

We can all be brave tigers on Sunday. Monday when you wake up and realize it's another tough week all you can do it try your best to make something happen.

Please observe this quote by Calvin Coolidge:

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race”

All you can do is press on.

Old 04-14-2012, 02:26 PM

89 posts, read 240,163 times
Lol

the quote by Calvin Coolidge just makes the hilarity so much more intense

Old 04-14-2012, 02:32 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
This is for those who are EXASPERATED with the job market and have tried to get a job to no avail. This is not for those without faith. This is for those who have nothing at all, are depressed, and has tried everything in the book to get a job. If you have nothing left to lose, here's what I want you to do.

4. Say it out loud

You will find that job. The power of life and death is in the tongue. For the religious folk like myself, we read about that in the Bible. But most rarely take it seriously and apply it. For the non-religious folk, they call this the law of attraction. You must clear your head of all the negativity and stop assuming it is impossible for you to get the job you desire. ANYTHING is possible for you. Yes, even in this economy. Don't listen to the naysayers and critics. If you have nothing to lose at this point in your life and are on your last paycheck and have no idea what your going to do, try this! Don't utter one negative commentary towards your prospect of getting this job during the time being. Always keep a positive heart and mind towards your dream job and claim it as yours everyday.
Well, it's certainly a positive and health attitude you put forth. Sounds also like the "Cosmic Ordering" concept, Or power of suggestion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment