Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 02:00 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,364,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
This is for those who are EXASPERATED with the job market and have tried to get a job to no avail. This is not for those without faith. This is for those who have nothing at all, are depressed, and has tried everything in the book to get a job. If you have nothing left to lose, here's what I want you to do.

1. Get out a pen and a paper
2. Write down the job you want and what position you seek and what pay you desire.
3. Give yourself a reasonable time to seek this job. Like 3 or 4 weeks. Write down that date on the paper.
4. Say it out loud
5. Put it away and watch it happen.

You will find that job. The power of life and death is in the tongue. For the religious folk like myself, we read about that in the Bible. But most rarely take it seriously and apply it. For the non-religious folk, they call this the law of attraction. You must clear your head of all the negativity and stop assuming it is impossible for you to get the job you desire. ANYTHING is possible for you. Yes, even in this economy. Don't listen to the naysayers and critics. If you have nothing to lose at this point in your life and are on your last paycheck and have no idea what your going to do, try this! Don't utter one negative commentary towards your prospect of getting this job during the time being. Always keep a positive heart and mind towards your dream job and claim it as yours everyday.
I completely agree. I have seen it happen based on perseverence, faith and a lot of prayer. Surrendering my own agenda helped!

Thanks for the post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 06:38 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,498,268 times
Thought I would check in and see if anyone`s dreams came true.

Old 05-02-2012, 02:55 PM

5,548 posts, read 16,076,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I just wrote mine on toilet paper since I have no notepads
Did you use the toilet paper afterwords?
It would have the most value.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:41 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,984,459 times
This is very true! The Law of Attraction....you become what you think about.

It's very funny you mention this.

I was reading a book "100 ways to motivate yourself" by Steve Chandler and he was interviewing Arnold Schwarzenegger WAAYY before the "Terminator" franchise.

Mr. Schwarzenegger was at the time an extremely built and extremely successful body builder.

Mr. Chandler asked him what it is that he wanted to do now, in which Mr. Schwarzenegger replied "I want to be a famous actor and have the number one movie at the box office" in his extremely thick Austrian accent.

Mr. Chandler couldn't imagine it but who was he to strike down someone else's dreams.

The rest is history.

Old 05-02-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
This is very true! The Law of Attraction....you become what you think about.

It's very funny you mention this.

I was reading a book "100 ways to motivate yourself" by Steve Chandler and he was interviewing Arnold Schwarzenegger WAAYY before the "Terminator" franchise.

Mr. Schwarzenegger was at the time an extremely built and extremely successful body builder.

Mr. Chandler asked him what it is that he wanted to do now, in which Mr. Schwarzenegger replied "I want to be a famous actor and have the number one movie at the box office" in his extremely thick Austrian accent.

Mr. Chandler couldn't imagine it but who was he to strike down someone else's dreams.

The rest is history.

How many people say they are going to be an actor, singer, president, broadway star, doctor, millionaire, professional athlete,etc and really believe it? They start out with a dream and then take acting classes, get in bands, sell everything they have and move to New York or LA trying to make it. But after years, end up broke, waiting tables, driving a taxi, etc.
If you have a dream...go for it. but don`t expect just because you believe it is going to happen that it will. The list is long and distinguished. There are a lot more people that never had their dreams realized then those that did. And it wasn`t because they didn`t believe it.

Funny how the people that believe in this still haven`t realized their dreams. Yet they still think all they have to do is write it down and believe. Want to know if this works? Look in the mirror!

Old 05-02-2012, 04:51 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,984,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
How many people say they are going to be an actor, singer, president, broadway star, doctor, millionaire, professional athlete,etc and really believe it? They start out with a dream and then take acting classes, get in bands, sell everything they have and move to New York or LA trying to make it. But after years, end up broke, waiting tables, driving a taxi, etc.
If you have a dream...go for it. but don`t expect just because you believe it is going to happen that it will. The list is long and distinguished. There are a lot more people that never had their dreams realized then those that did. And it wasn`t because they didn`t believe it.

Funny how the people that believe in this still haven`t realized their dreams. Yet they still think all they have to do is write it down and believe. Want to know if this works? Look in the mirror!
Agreed! But don't be so pessimistic. Just because one truly believes doesn't mean they should forgo hard work, in which I am a firm believer in. I may not be perfect. But after graduating in two years I reached a wage of $20 hr with a goal of making a salaried $50K.

That was my last temporary job and I do believe my permanent job is out there waiting for me. With the amount I want.

The LofA just gives hope to those who really need it. Now I don't know if this was directed at me. But I was quoted so I responded.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:19 PM

I`m all for having hope. That`s what keeps us going. I`m all for dreams..It keeps life interesting. We should all have hopes and dreams. But we shouldn`t be gullible either. Funny how when a person says he doesn`t believe in name it and claim it, just believe and it will come true, etc. he gets accused of being negative. I could take the opposite approach and say anyone who believes in just writing stuff down and believing it is going to happen is naive and gullible. Yes dream....Yes have hope..but it`s hard work, a positive attitude, self cofidence, luck, connections, etc. that make dreams come true. It isn`t just writing it down and believing it.
If that were the case, we would all be a lot better off than we are now. We would be millionaires and enjoy great health and succes with very little problems. Unfortunatley, the only people who get rich off of this belief are the ones who write the books.

The point is, millions have big dreams when they are young. But reality soon settles in. Doesn`t mean there aren`t those who have all of their dreams realized. Of course there are. But millions more never do. That`s the reality of it. But again, we should have hopes and dreams. But don`t go around telling people to just write it down,believe and it will come true.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:54 PM

1,199 posts, read 2,043,113 times
I've seen the original post described under the term "affirmations." Of all places, I saw it in a Dilbert compilation book. You write down/type your goal 15 times each day. Eventually it will happen, or so they claim. Positive attitude is beneficial. But this seemed like unnecessary wishful thinking.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:23 PM

137 posts, read 266,898 times
Coach of the Alabama Crimson Tide, $3.2 million per year (I'm flexible though).

Old 05-02-2012, 11:08 PM

89 posts, read 240,115 times
this thread is like a trip into the Twilight Zone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment