Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 09:02 AM

1,228 posts, read 2,382,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mading6 View Post
Funny thing is is that the last time I was in a Bloomingdales I noticed every piece of clothing I looked at (and I looked at a lot just to check the Made In label) stated: made in China.

Also nowadays a lot of designer brands are still making their so called "luxury goods" in France, Italy BUT they are importing Chinese workers so they can still stamp the product with Made in Italy, Made in France....
It does not matter who made it, it matters how well it's made and if it fits. Sometimes you can find nice things at TJMaxx and Marshalls, but it's hit or miss. Many outlet stores like Coach, Nordstrom Rack and Off 5Th (Saks) buy things just for thier outlet stores, so be aware of that. The outlet coach bags have a slightly different logo on thier bag from the one that's used in the full price retail store.
There are certain brands that fit well for me, and that's what I look for on the sale rack and the outlet.
As for purses, I quit buying cheap ones because they fall apart within a year. I spend a little extra on a well made purse, with a classic style and color that I can use for several years.
The rule I use is that I spend extra on well made basics and go cheap on trendy. I'm not the only one that does that, so if you see someone with a really nice purse, remember that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 09:36 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,164,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
At just about every job I've had, someone has asked me at some point "so what are your hobbies?" I usually respond with "I don't have any hobbies." It kind of shocks them, yet I don't know why. I just think it's kind of a silly question. I responded once with "I like to read in my spare time" and he said "is that it?" with a puzzled look on his face. Most people work, spend time with their families, maybe go to the movies on the weekends, or go down to the beach or something, but don't have the structured "hobbies" like you describe.
Casual conversation with your coworkers are now 'asking silly questions'?

Old 01-22-2013, 10:03 AM

156 posts, read 312,181 times
Yuppie is a state of mind

*Puts on sunglasses at 10 pm*

Old 01-22-2013, 07:23 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,823,455 times
it's quite amusing to note the language people use when trying to elevate themselves.

products as well.

when I was a kid, one had to have butter instead of margarine (which was meant for the lower classes)

Old 11-17-2013, 08:00 PM

283 posts, read 726,434 times
Rename yourself to trollcosby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment