Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2012, 02:18 PM

102 posts, read 187,760 times

Advertisements

like sitting all day at a computer makes you exhausted by the end of the day? this can't be healthy for us. i know, people say get up, take a walk around at lunch or something, but that isn't always possible, and my energy is too depleted to even do that.

i feel weird saying that i'm exhausted all day after work because it's not like doing physical labor or anything. but i am. i just want to go home and crash most of the time.

not to mention the days when we come in when it's dark, and leave when it's dark. who came up with this *****?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 06:29 PM

428 posts, read 900,377 times
I hate working 8-5 NOV-FEB for this reason alone... You never see daylight and since Im in Michigan most of your daylight is clouds or snow... I feel your pain and your right if you say your tired after work everyone looks at you like your nuts. Since you sit at a computer all day.. Whatever my brain hurts deal with it.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:35 PM

45,336 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Work is work. I'm more tired when we have 1/2 days or I go to an out of building meeting than when I'm in front of classes all day. I had a nearly 2 hour meeting this morning and dragged through the rest of the day.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:31 PM

134 posts, read 367,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdcgirl View Post
like sitting all day at a computer makes you exhausted by the end of the day? this can't be healthy for us. i know, people say get up, take a walk around at lunch or something, but that isn't always possible, and my energy is too depleted to even do that.

i feel weird saying that i'm exhausted all day after work because it's not like doing physical labor or anything. but i am. i just want to go home and crash most of the time.
Bike or walk to work if you can, then you're not sitting *all* day.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:18 PM

3,295 posts, read 7,013,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdcgirl View Post

not to mention the days when we come in when it's dark, and leave when it's dark. who came up with this *****?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara0815 View Post
I hate working 8-5 NOV-FEB for this reason alone... You never see daylight and since Im in Michigan most of your daylight is clouds or snow... I feel your pain and your right if you say your tired after work everyone looks at you like your nuts. Since you sit at a computer all day.. Whatever my brain hurts deal with it.
Yeah, that's one of the things I disliked about working 9-5 in an office in my last job. I do kind of crave sunshine in winter too. That said, I don't really like to go outside and walk too much in the winter though.

In the summer if I have to be indoors working, I nearly take all my lunch breaks and other breaks outdoors.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:36 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
I take a good walk of a mile or so rain or shine at lunch time, and that helps a lot. I do spend a lot of time on a computer but since I'm a supervisor I also walk around and check on people frequently. We have a small gym and even "quiet rooms" where people can take a short nap,
and the nature of our work requires talking to others often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment