Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 12:40 PM

10,823 posts, read 14,898,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
That sucks, not surprised. I haven't bought any clothes from jcp in years.
Growing up in the 50's and 60's a lot of people went to JC Penny's but I haven't stepped in the store since 2011 when they got out of the selling clothes business and went full in on being a homosexuality advocate.

Fine, they want to insult me by rubbing the unnatural in my face, when all I wanted to do was buy a couple pairs of socks, they have every right to do so as I have every right to take my business elsewhere which I have done.

How to fail in business while really, really trying
by Jennifer Reingold
March 20, 2014, 10:49 AM EDT

Quote:
Big dreams, arrogance, infighting, and delusion all collided in the disastrous attempt to fix venerable retail giant J.C. Penney. The inside story of a revolution derailed.
Arrogance is the big word here. Arrogance.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2015, 11:33 PM

1,136 posts, read 919,780 times
I'm surprised JCP still had full time employees. The store I was fired from as a teen ended all full time for non management over a decade ago. Everyone of my coworkers later told me I was lucky to have left when I did because it became a horrible company to work for.

Old 05-24-2015, 09:50 PM

223 posts, read 307,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
I'm surprised JCP still had full time employees. The store I was fired from as a teen ended all full time for non management over a decade ago. Everyone of my coworkers later told me I was lucky to have left when I did because it became a horrible company to work for.
I believe most retail stores only have part timers at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment