Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 10:38 AM

174 posts, read 258,422 times

Advertisements

I just ran across this form today when looking for homes. I was wondering if anyone else works from home. It would be kind of cool to connect with others in the industry, such as wahm's and wahd's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 10:48 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,724,459 times
I work from home as a freelance writer.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:08 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,638,795 times
I worked at home for a while. It has its drawbacks. The biggest for me was that I hard time disconnecting myself from work. The nice thing about going to an office is that it's easier to have a clean separation between work and home. Plus, you sometimes need to bounce ideas off coworkers. That's hard to do when you work alone.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:12 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,924,278 times
I work from home as an English teacher to business people in Latin America. It is great being able to wake up 1 minute before work starts or have a freshly home cooked meal for lunch.

Old 05-02-2012, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
I work from home as a freelance writer.
I am also a freelance writer Nice to know there are others close in the area in the same field. How long have you been a writer? Do you have a blog?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
I worked at home for a while. It has its drawbacks. The biggest for me was that I hard time disconnecting myself from work. The nice thing about going to an office is that it's easier to have a clean separation between work and home. Plus, you sometimes need to bounce ideas off coworkers. That's hard to do when you work alone.
That is always my drawback to disconnecting myself from work. I always have my email open then when I am not at my computer I am checking emails through my phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I work from home as an English teacher to business people in Latin America. It is great being able to wake up 1 minute before work starts or have a freshly home cooked meal for lunch.
Definitely. Teaching sounds nice

Old 05-02-2012, 04:34 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,046,327 times
I start out at home.

Sometimes my day starts at 8am, sometimes at 2pm. And all times in between.

Occasionally, I have no appointments and spend some hours following up and making calls.

It's VERY cool not having an office to go to (except for Tuesdays, when we have early morning meetings in the office).

Old 05-02-2012, 07:54 AM

3,822 posts, read 9,473,476 times
Same as above, work from home except for Tuesday office meetings. I'm in sales, so I can start or finish whenever I want.

Personally I take a shower and put on work clothes to force myself to change into work mode. Then I make sure that I make at least 25 sales calls each day. Once I hit 25 I knock off for the day and then just check my messages at the end of the day. So some days I work 3 hours and other days I work 10, just depends.

Old 05-02-2012, 10:33 AM

25 posts, read 244,175 times
any suggestions on who to apply to ?

Old 05-03-2012, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I start out at home.

Sometimes my day starts at 8am, sometimes at 2pm. And all times in between.

Occasionally, I have no appointments and spend some hours following up and making calls.

It's VERY cool not having an office to go to (except for Tuesdays, when we have early morning meetings in the office).
Last year I tried a job that had actually meetings in person but now all of my meetings take place via skype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmi66 View Post
Same as above, work from home except for Tuesday office meetings. I'm in sales, so I can start or finish whenever I want.

Personally I take a shower and put on work clothes to force myself to change into work mode. Then I make sure that I make at least 25 sales calls each day. Once I hit 25 I knock off for the day and then just check my messages at the end of the day. So some days I work 3 hours and other days I work 10, just depends.
Are you successful in sales? I have tried it on numerous occasions with different companies and no luck. However, I am exploring affiliate marketing a little now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcat22 View Post
any suggestions on who to apply to ?
What field are you trying to get into?

Old 05-03-2012, 06:11 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,724,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmommy22 View Post
I am also a freelance writer Nice to know there are others close in the area in the same field. How long have you been a writer? Do you have a blog?

My professional website is Exceptional Expression (I think I can't post a link here? It ends in dot com. ). I've been writing for pay for about five years. How about you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment